Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

The Great Thoughts that You Like The Most and Why?

icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
Some people has been motivated by a great thought that is said by a famous or great ones. If you asked me, I like the quote "When life give you a hundred reason to cry, show life that you have a thousand reason to smile".
I know it is not easy and as simple as the saying is. If we can do this, it proves that we always have positive thinking whatever condition we should face. This attitude can be related to the other quote that says "The positive mind prefer to say a half full glass of water than a half empty glass of water.

Now, I just want to know what is your favorite quote and tell me why?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,052 mod
    A peaceful mind unleashes a world of beauty.
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Another quotes from me : "Your mind is powerful thing, when you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change..".
    It seems the quote is similar with the content of the "Secret" (the title of book). The gist of the "secret" is the positive thoughts like magnet that will attract the good ones as well.
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    @mheredge I found the quote that can be related to your quote, "Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact".
  • smbalochsmbaloch Posts: 33 ✭✭
    " I know one thing that I know nothing " I remembered this because it's help me to learn new things. No one in this world is perfect.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,868 mod
    smbaloch said:

" I know one thing that I know nothing " I remembered this because it's help me to learn new things. No one in this world is perfect.

I like that saying. If people think they know everything, they're never going to achieve anything in their life because they will never learn a thing.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,052 mod
    edited January 12
    I consider myself to always be a beginner as I am always learning something new.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,868 mod
    I heard a nice saying from my friend a couple of days ago.. she said:

Everything is okay in the end, and if it's not okay, it isn't the end.

I really liked that one :).