Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Selfie/selfly/self-free! :)

Comments

• akrambougerakrambouger Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I take selfies with monuments and beautiful landscape, in all other situations, I use the mirror.
  • nyitnyit13nyitnyit13 Posts: 4
    > @Bubbly said:
    > Agreed! :)

couldn't agree more :D
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭
    Proper use of selfie is to capture the moments with you and by you.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    @mohit_singh
    Yes, that'll be the proper use. These days, more people use selfies improperly and happen to take a selfie of the last moment in their lives. That's ridiculous. Always check twice that you're safe and secure before taking one.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,105 mod
    The absolute opposite @mohit_singh. I was amazed though, hoe almost everyone I came across today seemed obsessed with taking selfies. I think I was the only person almost, with a camera.
    @mheredge
    Yes,they want to capture himself with that Scenery for Facebook or Instagram.But you just want the scenery,pure scenery.That is why you have a camera only!

What have you mentioned camera? :o It is replaced by Smartphone now!
    Update yourself @mheredge :D :D
  • medooooomedooooo Posts: 4
    Hi guys , i realy want someone to send me a message
    @medooooo
    Hi, nice to meet you. I tried to send you one, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Keep posting and enjoy the site!
    @medooooo you should see when anyone send you a message if they put @ in front of your name.
    [quote="takafromtokyo;183089"]@medooooo
    Hi, nice to meet you. I tried to send you one, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Keep posting and enjoy the site![/quote]

Thank you anyways, actually I'm trying to make a Skype group to improve my speaking skills
    @medooooo
    Oh, you're trying to make a Skype group! How wonderful!

On the other hand, we have a lot of Skype sessions here on LEN, I believe. I've never been to any of them yet, but I heard they're definitely something you would want to try. Have you ever thought of attending one? Right now? I've come to just a few steps away to joining one. I hope to see you there, too!!
    @takafromtokyo go for it!

I was sad to see how most people in the temple I visited on Saturday were more intent on taking selfies than they were in doing anything spiritual. I was also surprised by a Japanese -Thai couple who even took a selfie of themselves tying a lucky charm that they had bought to a tree. Maybe I'm just a puritan, but I'm not sure photos should be allowed in places of worship.
    [quote="takafromtokyo;183198"]@medooooo
    Oh, you're trying to make a Skype group! How wonderful!

On the other hand, we have a lot of Skype sessions here on LEN, I believe. I've never been to any of them yet, but I heard they're definitely something you would want to try. Have you ever thought of attending one? Right now? I've come to just a few steps away to joining one. I hope to see you there, too!![/quote]

Yes , I like meeting new friends online , and i have no idea how to join Skype groups in the website her . so I'm thinking of making a small group for the ones who want to join
    @medooooo
    Okay, you like meeting new friends online. That's great!

Speaking of how you can join Skype groups here, it's a little tricky but the first thing you do is keep hanging around in discussions. Keep posting. I'm not sure how they count the points in the background but you'll gain points by posting comments. It should be easy especially if you want to simply mingle with people here.

Comments you make don't have to be something long or big. Making comments and practicing English is the important thing.

If you keep posting, I don't know, but maybe in two or three weeks, you'll be able to join Skype groups here.

Happy Learning!
    Have a look at the How to join LEO Skype sessions topic @medooooo. I think you'll find everything you need to know there.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Pooch Selfie! Something interesting for the dogs. :)

@Bubbly
    Are we supposed to throw this thing to use it?
    "Fetch the phone!" ......crash!!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @takafromtokyo Pooch Selfie takes advantage of a dog’s natural draw and focus to a tennis ball and uses this focus to hold their attention for a perfect picture.
    Selfie looks great with the pets but don't force them for a nice pout. :D :D
    @Bubbly @mohit_singh
    Oh! I see!!
    So, you use this to take a selfie with your dog!
    I thought it was meant for the dog to take a selfie for himself. (=゚ω゚)ノ
    There's a cheap lens that people can attach to their mobile phone to upgrade its photographic capabilities. It's being heavily promoted in Facebook right now. Has anyone tried it?
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,261 mod
    Do they accept all selfies they take? I mean when I take a photo of myself with my tablet and it looks terrible then I delete it promptly.
    @mheredge
    None of my family do facebook so I've never heard of them before, but when I did a quick research on the web, I was surprised to find tons of apps for selfie.

According to the description of those apps, they make you look cute and good looking even if your photos were poorly taken. @Hermine
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @mheredge You meant a lens like these: a telephoto for longer-distance shots, and a super wide-angle lens for closeups and, well, wide shots.

Yes they're the ones @Shiny03. I'm very old fashioned and like taking photos with a camera. I rarely take any with my tablet or phone.
    edited December 2016
    You may be old fashioned, but a good one. It might be easy and convenient to use phone to take photos, but it never can be substituted for a real camera. @mheredge
    Nowadays whole movie is been shooted with a mobile phone.just strat clicking picture using your mobile.It is more convenient.why to carry a heavy camera all the time.@mheredge .
    @Shiny03
    We both are are just two phase of same coin.LOL
    It can confuse @mheredge .
    But I am sure @mheredge is going to click picture using a digital mobile camera. :p
    I have a cute little Canon that fits into the palm of my hand @mohit_singh. If I want some more serious zoom, I have another slightly bigger one which is still very light. Then if I really want to get serious, I have a more advanced digital SLR which I sometime use if I want really high resolution shots. But my Samsung phone doesn't take great shots, not does it have much memory space. Plus when I'm travelling I often don't need a phone so it stays switched off in the bottom of my bag.

I can't agree with you more. @mheredge However, I haven't taken pictures with my camera recently since I saw people around all the places taking selfies passionately. It kinda makes me feel scared.