Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How to help children to stop put their hands in mouth?

KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.simple-remedies.com/childrens-health/stop-kids-from-sucking-finger.html

I tried to read about this topic because I'm looking for to help a child to cross this problem and her age under 3years
@Bubbly @Lynne @Shiny03 @torellip @Frank @mheredge @aladdin @april @Zom @nidhii

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,427 mod
    I'm inclined to think that children grow out of the habit. I don't think it is good to get too worked up if the child is sucking their thumb or puts their hand in their mouth. My sister sucked her thumb till she was about 9 or 10 but it didn't seem to do her any harm.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge I'm looking for to help a child to stop this bad habit and not good especially for girls and I think this habit because of mother
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    @Khalied How many remedies you have tried and is it working or not.
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All behavior has its own reason.
    I am not an expert, but I think they might be feeling lonely.
    @Shiny03 I agree with you stay with children good idea
    One way to stop a child from putting their fingers in their mouth is to put perfume on their fingers @Khalied. The taste is really horrible but the fingers at least smell nice. I found it a very useful method to put me off biting my nails.
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    First we need to understand that very young children are exploring their surrounding with their hands and mouth. This is very natural and normal way of child exploration. There is no need to search for any child incompetency or even pathology.

Later in life such habit could develop into the selfsouthing behaviour. If this happen, it's good to observe the child and try to figure out, when does the child usually use this strategy to south herself or himself, @Khalied .
    I never really gave it much thought @Tinka, in that young children tend to poke their fights into just about any orifaces (and put things into them too). But I suppose thumb sucking and nail biting can be bad habits that need to be broken.
    @mheredge @Tinka I think almost children do that when they feel lonely or afraid and my advice to all parents you should notice your child and take everything serious especially some bad movementsand I noticed some children do that through sleeping
    My sister's thumb looked weird for a long time as she didn't give up sucking it until she was about ten years old.