Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is making you excited now?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,077 mod
We all need something to get excited about - so what is making you excited at the moment?

I am excited about the fact that I am picking up my new car in just 3 hours - and I can't wait!

What about you? What's the most exciting thing that you're looking forward to at the moment?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,462 mod
    I remember picking up my first brand new car (I'd had a lot of secondhand cars before). I had to pick it up from a showroom in central London and drive it out to Hertford. It was the rush hour and I wasn't familiar with the route, so kept getting it wrong. It was a nightmare as it was the rush hour too.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,077 mod
    mheredge said:

I remember picking up my first brand new car (I'd had a lot of secondhand cars before). I had to pick it up from a showroom in central London and drive it out to Hertford. It was the rush hour and I wasn't familiar with the route, so kept getting it wrong. It was a nightmare as it was the rush hour too.

I can fully understand what the feels like as I had the same experience when driving mine home on Friday! But I am much more used to it now, and I love it.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,462 mod
    I'm now getting excited about leaving for Kathmandu on Tuesday. I was feeling a bit reluctant to go as I'm enjoying Nice so much but as soon as I started contacting my friends in Kathmandu and planning my onward travels to Thailand and Vietnam, my feet are feeling very itchy again!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,077 mod
    mheredge said:

I'm now getting excited about leaving for Kathmandu on Tuesday. I was feeling a bit reluctant to go as I'm enjoying Nice so much but as soon as I started contacting my friends in Kathmandu and planning my onward travels to Thailand and Vietnam, my feet are feeling very itchy again!

It must be exciting to be at the planning stage when you're going to a new place. All of the possibilities ahead of you for what you're going to do!