Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Which band would you like to see live?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 4,537 mod
I have just bought tickets to see Take That, and it has made me wonder which bands you would like to see live!

I have seen Take That once before, and I am certainly looking forward to going again - it should be a really great evening out!

Comments

• Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to hear their songs too, but I'm too shy to go out. I hope you enjoy it and have a good time.:)

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,537 mod
    edited November 2016
    Shiny03 said:

I like to hear their songs too, but I'm too shy to go out. I hope you enjoy it and have a good time.:)

It's a shame that you're too shy - as I am sure that you would love seeing them if you were able to go!
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • hazel27hazel27 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see Queen concert. But it isn't possible ;(
    hazel27 said:

I would like to see Queen concert. But it isn't possible ;(

Yes, that is a shame. I suppose you will have to simply play their music nice and loud to enjoy it!
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,340 mod
    I saw Supertramp live in Nice about 14 years ago. If they played again, I'd definitely go as they are my favourite band of all time.

edited November 2016
    mheredge said:

I saw Supertramp live in Nice about 14 years ago. If they played again, I'd definitely go as they are my favourite band of all time.

It's great to see your favourite band live, it's just the most amazing feeling ever. I always come away from concerts buzzing!
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,069 mod
    We go to a lot of gigs, but not large concerts. I don't like seeing the band from a couple of miles away.

With VR we might be able to sing with any band soon:-
    Lynne said:

We go to a lot of gigs, but not large concerts. I don't like seeing the band from a couple of miles away.

With VR we might be able to sing with any band soon:-

That would be amazing, as we would really be able to feel like we were a part of the performance!
  • hazel27hazel27 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Somehow Freddie was able to give a performance at London Olympics opening ceremony :)
  • yahyooyahyoo Posts: 2
    my favorite :) Happy Nation Ace of Base
    yahyoo said:

my favorite :) Happy Nation Ace of Base

Have you ever seen them before? Or would it be the first time? I love seeing live bands, it's just so special!
  • faizul97faizul97 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I would like to hear twice from korea...
    faizul97 said:

What type of music do they play? Is there any reason that you haven't been to see them before?
  • Rays3nRays3n Posts: 3
    I would like to hear Dave Matthews Band someday,the rocks!
  • GoulartGoulart Posts: 8
    I would like to see Wolfmother. If I'd had known Pink Floyd before, I would have seen The Wall live tour.
    Goulart said:

I would like to see Wolfmother. If I'd had known Pink Floyd before, I would have seen The Wall live tour.

I think you can usually buy a copy of the DVD of the tour - if you watch it, you might be able to feel as though you're there with them!
  • WeiJieWeiJie Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Which band would you like to see live? . The band that i see is planetshakers . This band is a christian group and singing christian song . Because i am a christian .. . This chance is very difficult to get it because i dont know when they will come again. For the christian , they must go once because it was very very good experience. Luckly, this band next year January will come Malaysia!
    WeiJie said:

Which band would you like to see live? . The band that i see is planetshakers . This band is a christian group and singing christian song . Because i am a christian .. . This chance is very difficult to get it because i dont know when they will come again. For the christian , they must go once because it was very very good experience. Luckly, this band next year January will come Malaysia!

I like a Christian band called Delirious, and I have been lucky enough to see them live, and it was definitely a concert that I will always remember!