Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

News Round Up 218

pridepocpridepoc Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Comments

• hazel27hazel27 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    I recommend 'Antiques Roadshow' at BBC, if you are interesting in more stories about lumber which sometimes have a great value. I like this program, because every item has a story with it.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,402 mod
    Oh dear, the news about chestnut trees is very sad. I remember when Dutch elm disease wiped out most of the elm trees.
    I can't believe he bought it for £10!
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,636 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @hazel27 may be the seller didn't know the value of this antique piece.
    @Bubbly I imagine, but it looks like piece of art!
    @hazel27 yes it is. Who knows what is the story behind!
    Wow that's a bargain. I have a few nice things in my attic in London but unfortunately it is a lot of hassle to try and retrieve them right now. I have a Ming jar that is worth a few hundred pounds but it is a bit big to easily pack in my bag and carry on the plane as handluggage!
    @mheredge keep them with you and after sometimes they will be taken as antique pieces. ;)

The trend of selling and buying of antique pieces is really rising up but who knows what is the reality behind!
    I did manage to retrieve a few little things my mother was looking after for me @Bubbly. I hope I don't break them on the flight back to Nice tomorrow!
    @mheredge take care of them as these are priceless things by all means because they are associated with the feelings you hold for them!
    Actually I don't feel sentimental about them any more @Bubbly. My mother accidentally dropped one little pot and broke off the top of a delicate glass lid but it really doesn't matter at all. They are just things.

My sister came home from her trip to Grenada yesterday and wanted to use a new mug she'd bought there as a souvenir. She discovered tea running all over the table and found the mug was leaking. Maybe it had been damaged on the journey home, but there was a crack along the side of it.
This discussion has been closed.