Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Want to learn some verb and adjective similar to hate,dislike

My feeling about a place change continuously. From not interested, to don't like, then hate. But I don't know any more words to express. Can you teach me more about this words. In different degree. From most light to most strong?

Please give me some example?

Sometimes, I only know the verb, such as dislike, hate. Sometimes, a adjective, such as hostile. a noun, such as hatred.

I also want to ask how to use these word in a sentence, but it may be too greedy. I think I will ask that next time.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,311 mod
    Hate: abhor, detest, loath, can't stand, can't abide... The word 'dislike' is perhaps the least strong here.

@hardpeople do you use a computer and do you have Word? This has a very useful thesaurus. Otherwise I am sure there must be phone apps.

A thesaurus is a very handy way to find words that mean the same thing. It's a very useful tool to extend your vocabulary.
  • hardpeoplehardpeople Posts: 33 ✭✭
    @mheredge Thank you for your remind. I used word for many year and didn't know that there is a thesaurus function. I have tried it now, it is very useful.
    Word's grammar check isn't always 100% but this can be quite helpful too (it's part of the review function ).
  • despise is rather strong, but not to the level of hating (more precisely means something like "to consider of few/no worth")
    Despise can have the sense of looking down at something, disliking it maybe with an air of condescension.