Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

News Round Up 217

pridepocpridepoc Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
Tagged:

Comments

• KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne @Bubbly @mheredge I need to know more about Bronze age
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Khalied we are not that old! ;)
    edited October 2016
    Google says:-
    Bronze Age Britain is an era of British history that spanned from c. 2500 until c. 800 BC. Lasting for approximately 1,700 years, it was preceded by the era of Neolithic Britain and was in turn followed by the period of Iron Age Britain.

I still wonder if this Bronze age is specific to Britain history or we can use this term in general.
    @Bubbly the life start from stone age and the human looking for collection from trees and you can see the people in ancient like monkey because of collect fruits then the human trying to use natural like use rivers to grow plants and hunting animals
    the second bronze age the human start using metals and I think bronze age start in Iraq before Europe countries
    I don't know exactly about bronze age in Europe countries
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,179 mod
    I always wondered how they discovered they could make bronze! It would be so interesting to know the prcocess that led to the discovery.

Here's the link for the recording:-

and the slower version:-
    It also includes immigrants!?

There are a lot of humans in London, says The Guardian: The city's population grew at twice the rate of the UK as a whole between 2011 and 2015 and could reach almost 10 million by the middle of the next decade.

Figures released by the Office for National Statistics revealed that in mid-2011 London's population stood at 8.2 million and in over four years it has increased by 469,000 to just under 8.7 million.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,726 mod
    This is strange @Bubbly as I always thought London's population was around 11 million, with a million people coming into London each day from the surrounding area.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,191 mod
    I think it depends what geographical boundaries you use @mheredge.

@Khalied - this explains the timeline(s) of the Bronze Age:-

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/studentsclassroom/a/060111-Timeline-Of-Major-Intervals.htm
    @Lynne thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.