Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Jokes about Money

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 8,818 mod
Coming home from school a young boy proudly says to his father: Father! “I followed the bus home from town today, on my bicycle and saved £1.50.

His father cuffed him on the ear, and growled, “You fool!”

“But father, I thought you’d be proud of me for saving the fare!”

“Yes,” said the father, “But you could have followed a taxi and ten pounds!”
Tagged:

Comments

• nidhiinidhii Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭
    The way best to make somebody remember you is to borrow money from them...
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    > @nidhii said:
    > The way best to make somebody remember you is to borrow money from them...

True... specially if you don't pay them back :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,866 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes! :)

• nidhiinidhii Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly Agreed.Completely True.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly I avoid to speak with my friends about money
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭
    What is completely true @nidhii !
    Nothing is completely true here..! Partially true!
  • askermanaskerman Posts: 12 ✭✭
    While I was searching for a joke to post somebody has written: what's in common between money and my girlfriend: simply I don't have any
  • prateekprateek Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    I was in a job interview today when the manager handed me his laptop and said, "I want you to try and sell this to me."
    So I put it under my arm, walked out of the building and went home.
    Eventually, he called my mobile and said, "Bring it back here right now!"
    I said, "$1000 and it's yours."
    @Paulette @Camvel @mheredge
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭
    @prateek @Camvel @Michouxe @jackelliot

Johnny breakfast with his father and asks him: "Dad, is a thousand dollars actually much money?" Father tells him, "Well, boy, that depends on whether your mother to spend it, or that I have to earn."
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    @prateek @Lynne @takafromtokyo @jackelliot

Two tramps sitting on a park bench eating sandwiches. One puts a dollar that he has found on the bench. The other tramp asks: "Why do you do that?" The first says, "Oh, I know so how it is to have money in the bank";

--------------

Two German tramps are sitting on a park bench eating sandwiches. One puts a dollar that he has found on the bench, and the other tramp asks: "Why did you do that?" The first replies, "Oh, I just want to know what it is like to have money in the bank".

(They would have to be German, because we don't use bank for a bench in the park.)
    Post edited by Lynne on