Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your diary in LE forum

Comments

• aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,405 mod
    @Helvio where is that place and what is the brown/yellow wall on the right of the photo? It look like hidden
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pryfllwyd, I don't know, what is 600,650 or 700 about?
    @aladdin, it is a building attached to the Brazilian parliament, I'll show you another picture.

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,695 mod
    Dear diary,

Today was a day of miscommunication. We don't seem to know whether we are coming or going.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,020 mod
    Dear diary - it was lovely being taken to the library by my three year old granddaughter, whose face was a picture when she saw all the books! We spent an hour reading a few of them before deciding on four (even though she is allowed 24!!! ) then going for coffee (her first time!).
    Dear Diary,

It's Monday. 'Nuff said.
  • ElfishElfish Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    Dear diary,
    I hope I will be brave and go in the cold weather to catch a bus a give back my delayed library loans to the library at last.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,141 mod
    @amatsu - I'm jealous, I was only ever allowed to take up to four books at a time from my local library.

@Hevio - it was 18:50 or ten to seven! Meditate - you'd be amazed how time flies!

@Lynne - Hmmmm I'm trying to work out which day of the week it is. I suppose it's Monday as there's more traffic out in the streets.

@Elfish - Be brave!

Dear diary - It's my turn to be brave and go out to find an ATM. It's too hot right now but when I pay for my room here, my purse will be a bit empty.
    Ok, Mrianne, ten to seven. :D
    It's now twenty three minutes past five, five twenty three or 17:23. But I'm not sure how many people would say seventeen twenty three.
    edited December 2013
    @Elfish - Do you have to pay a fine for late returns?

Dear diary,

I'm just getting ready for the last Beat the Monday Blues session of 2013. I'm actually feeling quite nostalgic.
    Dear diary
    I have just been to the last Beat the Monday Blues of 2013. I'm actually feeling quite nostalgic!
  • ElfishElfish Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne No, but if you are 2 weeks late or more you can't borrow anything for 2 weeks (or for as long as you've been late).
    Dear Diary,
    I went to find some real coffee. Ironically the only decent stuff in a packet was to be found in Coffee Day, the national coffee chain. Even though coffee is grown locally, the only kind I found in the shops was mixed with chicory and hopelessly overpriced.
    Diary, I need go out to lunch but I am so lazy today, I wanted to eat meat but I think I will eat a salad only because I am lazy to ride to a bit far restaurant. God have mercy on my soul. :\">
    Dear Diary,

Dog walk - tick
    Corrections - tick
    Paperwork - tick
    Housework - tick

Time for pizza.
    That deserves a celebration @Lynne.

imageimageimage

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    edited December 2013
    Ha ha ha.I really love those bananas.They are very funny =))
    Hi diary, I miss my brother.
    Right now when I was cooking the dinner I start singing a song that made me remember him, my heart sinks, I feel so much his abscence and I won't be able to see him until March or July, so I came here to forget him a little when I think about te words which I can put here. If English was more easy to me I think it would not do any effect, but I have to think to much to be able to chose these few words and it helped me a lot.
    Thank you one more time diary. :)
    Diary, my brother calls me this morning, it was nice. :)

On the lunch time I went to the Triumph Motorcycle's store to bother a seller, he swer I will buy one, who knows in two years? :D

And I need one more point to see if with 400 points I win a new star. :))
    Thank you diary, now I have four hundred points but nothing came with it. :P
    Some biker friends decided to have a churrasco at my home next Sunday. Even well they warned me. :)
    Do you all know the meaning of churrasco?

It is a Brazilian barbecue and they both don't are the same
    Dear diary,

I created two badges today, to make up for not doing any last week. :)
    Dear diary - I'm having a day off today. Oh no I'm not! I'm working here! :P
    Dear diary,

I made a coffee without any coffee today. Imagine my face as I started pouring hot water.
    -Wife, go there to make a coffee.

-But hubby, we don't have powder or sugar either.

-So don't do it, will be too bad.