Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your diary in LE forum

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,067 mod
    Dear Diary
    It was a cold, windy and dark day, so I made some cards with phototechnics on my computer and they are wonderful, so I am proud on myselves.
  • lisalisa Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your sweet words@michouxe. I will try my best to be positive and full of vitality, because no one will like a woman who is always complaining. Complaints make a beautiful lady be a ugly and indecent one, I must insist on and I believe in myself. Good night and good luck my dear friend.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Diary,

Tonight I had problems getting to the forum, always it was an error notification. In the meantime I wrote about UNICEF, but Paulette was the first and so much better ..... I learn it never!
    I want to be proud of myself but I don't believe in myself.
    If I write something better it's always with help of the translation program , it's not okay! :s
  • MatthiasAndernachMatthiasAndernach Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Normal days, nothing new. And "same procedure as every year, James" is coming closer. (Who knows where this come from?)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,085 mod
    I think you have every reason to be very proud of yourself @Michouxe. Like you say to @lisa: Never give up. This applies to English too. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you use a translation programme from time to time. Sometimes it is is faster and useful. Just be careful though. Sometimes they make mistakes too!

@lisa I remember my cousin telling me that a good marriage is full of compromise and can be hard work.
  • swathiswathi Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Hello Diary,

After long time i am writing here, i was busy with my work. today i am happy to writing here. i woke up early in the morning and as usual i did exercises for 15 minutes. after i got ready for office. i came to bus stop . my bus came to bus stop i got in bus and i reached office in time. then i have cup of coffee and i checked my mail box and i started my work. this is my today .
    @Michouxe you have so many things to be proud on it because you are a daughter who cares for your mom and that isn' to be underestimated. And you have the fingers of an artist because you make wonderful paintings and the flower arrangements that you made, I can't do that.
    And don't you know what wonderful friend you are on the forum some of your writings are amazing in the three words game. I don't want to miss your here. <3
    Dear Diary,

This morning the garden with the fresh snow was very beautiful, but in the afternoon it was very dirty!
    Today it was our monthly meeting of arranging flowers, my girlfriend and I were happy when my husband took us by car to "Den Deigem" where we always go to arranging flowers. About half of our group had apologized. We made three small decorative pots, beautiful for the party table, the little plastic pots became all covered around.
    The first pot was covered with red felt and small white twigs , in the oases, around cypress (conifer) and in the midle a red gerbera. The second pot, covered, with bleached small pieces dry banana leaves, it seems like bark. Inside oases, all around with spruce twigs (sparretakjes) and red gerbera.
    The third small pot with moss and wrapped with red iron ornamental thread, again oases this time with eucalyptus twigs and red gerbera.
    After this, all pots were decorated with powder snow.
    I hope this is clear, it is difficult without a picture, but I love these decorative little pots!
    @Michouxe it must be beautiful I can clearly imagine the flower arrangements you have made, you have magic fingers for it.
    Thanks@Paulette, but I spend all my time learning English, and I am very disappointed with the result. Time to do other things like painting I do not have it (and it's not artworks) Flower arrangements are under supervision, everyone can do it.
    However, it must remain pleasant and yesterday I felt again in a depression coming. I'm afraid of this feeling, I think it's the time of the year?
    As I'm watching The Crown these days, I declared these days to my official British days!!! - So I bought some Earl Grey and milk, and will have tea time this evening. The question is, where I can get fish and chips here in Rhineland?
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,718 mod
    ipek45 said:

Dear Diary,

Today, I felt bad not so good at office. We had a lot of complaints where We already sent last shipment for our customer. I Didn't really believe of that. And I know Firstly I have to make a plan for these. And also I have to organize the other people what should be do ....

That's a shame because it isn't your fault, yet you are the one who has to deal with it. You should make sure that you are able to relax when you have finished work, to take your mind off it.
    edited December 2017
    Dear Diary,

Wednesday December 13, family celebration for the residents of the "Libel"(Dragonfly) where mother lives. We are expected around 30 past 11. Today was it family celebration for the "Blauwe Lis"(Blue Lis) department, the next party table is the"Zwaan"(Swan) on thursday , and the day after tomorrow the "Lelie"(Lily). So that the canteen is closed for four days .
    That's why we visited mother on her department. I was not happy, because this people stayed alone for almost one hour. As always not enough staff. Saddening!
    But we look forwards to tomorrow!!! ;)
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 787 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Dear Diary

We celebrated the farewell party in Barbeque Nation restaurant. It's one of the famous restaurants in Hyderabad. One of my colleague leaving my company so he has given a party to us. We enjoyed a lot in that restaurant along with lots of fun cake cutting also happened.

It's painful because people are leaving the company. We can't see them tomorrow in the office.
  • swathiswathi Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Dear Diary ,

Yesterday we went outing, I felt very happy. we did so fun , first time i went outing with my colleagues. it was so fun. i ate good food, and we got some picks and came back to office as usually we did my works.
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 900 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    > @takafromtokyo said:
    We need our ID cards at our office to get into, but when we go out we don’t need them. The problem is I often forget taking my ID card with me when I go to the bathroom. How many times I had to peek through this small window on the door to see if anybody notices me locked out, standing at the door waiting for help.

I've been in similar boots, though luckily we don't have bathrooms opened with ID cards. But sometimes you would find a vacant toilet outside the office only. I think wearing an ID card on a lace around one's neck can solve the problem. I see people wearing it in this way quite often so I guess it's considered OK with a typical office dress code.
  • lisalisa Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    > @madhug said:
    > Dear Diary
    >
    > We celebrated the farewell party in Barbeque Nation restaurant. It's one of the famous restaurants in Hyderabad. One of my colleague leaving my company so he has given a party to us. We enjoyed a lot in that restaurant along with lots of fun cake cutting also happened.
    >
    > It's painful because people are leaving the company. We can't see them tomorrow in the office.

It is very common for some colleagues joining and leaving the company, most of left colleagues would not connect with us again or much less than before, which is a part of our life although we have to tolerate this unhappy experience.
    swathi said:

Dear Diary ,

Yesterday we went outing, I felt very happy. we did so fun , first time i went outing with my colleagues. it was so fun. i ate good food, and we got some picks and came back to office as usually we did my works.

It is great when you are able to get along with your colleagues to go out with them. It is a wonderful feeling, and I am glad you had a good time.
    Today I saw three lions, dozens of zebras, three giraffes, hundred plus elephants, several warthogs (my goodness these poor animals are so ugly!), three hyenas, a jackel, a tortoise and three species of deer. A highly successful safari!
    @mheredge what an amazing day, but I am glad that your are not eaten by a lion becuse you wrote your adventure on the forum.
    I admit the elephants were a bit scary, especially when at one point we were surrounded by rather large males, no doubt sizing us up @Paulette! Tomorrow we're going to see if we can see any rhinos, though these are hard to find as sadly they are much more rare nowadays due to poaching.
    Dear Diary,

Today it was the family celebration in the Lisdodde.
    The decor of the table was beautiful like every year.
    We started at 30 past 11 with the aperitif, cava or a juice orange.
    Followed through a cold entrée.
    Duo of salmon: mousse of salmon & rillette with smoked salmon.
    Sauce of horseradish & fine vegetables.
    After this entrée the main dish.
    Pork tenderloin from he Belgian Ardennes, <<Grand veneur >> sauce. Vegetable bouquet of the chef and croquettes.
    Everything was delisious!
    As a closing Chrismas cake.
    The only negative was mother, she was not in the mood.
    She did not eat much and when she was upstairs she asked for food!
    I can not get used to it. I can't describe what I feel.... :'(

Two days ago, I wrote two snailmail letters to two friends of mine. Today they got the letters, both are very happy.I like writing by hand on real paper, it's fun to me. It doesn't matter how important the message is. Just some words that come in my mind. The good old letter is something special by itself.
    @lisa said:
    >It is very common for some colleagues joining and leaving the company, most of left colleagues would not connect with us again or much less than before, which is a part of our life although we have to tolerate this unhappy experience

I had been worked with him 10 years it's a quite long period, that is the case we are missing him. @lisa
    Where are you @mheredge

Are you doing any adventure along with animals?
    Dear Diary

A few days back I joined the gym. It's an excellent one and meticulously arranged all gym machines. Yesterday I did workouts very hard, still, my body is paining. People are very friendly, everybody helping each other while doing workouts.

The sad part is if you don't know how to do workouts, everybody come near you and suggests different ways then you will confuse how to do the gym because they are saying their perspective. Always follow the couch.
    It's a good habit writing on paper, you can keep your feelings on the paper. Nowadays everybody stuck with mobile phone, everyday people are sending 100 messages to their friends but nobody watches the messages because of everybody busy.

This is the best way to mingle with friends, it's a good idea. @MatthiasAndernach
  • VokVok Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    That was quite a meaty day @mheredge, wasn't it? :)

@MatthiasAndernach Writing letters and then sending them through the mail has its charm indeed. I like receiving letters, especially when it's from someone so important to you. You can sometimes even scent the smell of perfume from the letter and it definitely makes reading more enjoyable. Unfortunately, people don't send out snail mail much today mainly due to the hassle of writing by hand, paying for envelopes and going to a post office. Do you think this way of communication will cease to exist very soon?

> @madhug said:
    > The sad part is if you don't know how to do workouts, everybody come near you and suggests different ways then you will confuse how to do the gym because they are saying their perspective. Always follow the couch.

Yes, it irks me too. What is more annoying that it happens even when you don't ask for any help, but everyone thinks that is their duty to "coach" you.
    mheredge said:

I admit the elephants were a bit scary, especially when at one point we were surrounded by rather large males, no doubt sizing us up @Paulette! Tomorrow we're going to see if we can see any rhinos, though these are hard to find as sadly they are much more rare nowadays due to poaching.

I always feel a bit scared when I see elephants, as they are such large animals - though they are beautiful as well!
  • VokVok Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    > @GemmaRowlands said:
    > I always feel a bit scared when I see elephants, as they are such large animals - though they are beautiful as well!

Elephants can be very dangerous creatures, especially those in the wild, so your fears are not groundless. A good many people become casualties of unprovoked attacks every year.