Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your diary in LE forum

Comments

• lisalisa Posts: 407 ✭✭
    @Paulette we can go back to China every year for a month’s holiday, and I have been here for the third year, the total time I have spent there are five years.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13
    @Paulette :) First we had structured white paper that we have to tearing and to stick on a half round polystreme foam. On the top we made a cavity for the oasis. Than we set the flowers, first two lilies on the side, the hydrangea around, than the little white roses, and the white high chalice- shaped flowers , but I can't find the name of this flower. To bad that I can't let see you it!
  • swathiswathi Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November 14
    Dear Dairy,

Today morning i called to my friend, but she didn't pick me my call, that time my feeling was unhappy. yesterday she had ceremony in her home, she invited me and i did't attend that function. that's why she is not pick my call. she knows every thing why i didn't attend that function. yesterday i had work in my office. i sent message she read that message after she did not send message also, i am weighting for her call. may be she is very angry about me.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    @lisa I am sure that she will understand how good a mum you are when she gets a bit older. Courage as they say in France (and maybe Algeria). Do you speak French?
    @mheredge I do not speak French, I can speak English, few Janpanese sentences.
    @mheredge I am curious whether there are same cases with mine in Europe or not, parents have to work abroad or in a long distance, but children can not be brought with them. Some articles I have read say parents in Europe would not leave their children to stay with their grandparents.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lisa when I was a child it was my dad I don't saw so much because my dad was working abroad and he only come on holidays at home, but if I was older and I could studied thanks to him then I was thankfull and I loved my dad very much. My parents have to worked a lot because they had nothing because the war just ended.
    Now I admire my parents (at my age) because they raised up their children and we got the chance to studying.

And that is what you and your husband or friend also are doing, you want the best future of your daughter.
    In Belgium if both parents work, the children stay a whole day in a nursery or at the grandparents and go home only to diner and to sleep.
    So the parents have also only time for their children on the holidays.
    Lisa convince yourself, your are the best mom for your daughter. <3
    @Michouxe you mean arons such a flowers exist in different colors such as dark purple and yellow but mostly white.
    I have got from my children a flower subscription to the florist to pick up a flower arrangement every month because I like it to have flowers in my home.
    @Paulette Do not you think the fragrance of this flower is too much to accept, my mother felt reel when she put the flowers in the room.
    @Paulette Thank you for your explanations, before I thought only Chinese parents left their young children to the nursery or to their grandparents. I will try my best to earn much more money for my daughter,because I want to give her the best future what I can affrod. I do not want her to give up any dreams because of economic reasons in her following life.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,737 mod
    madhug said:

Dear Diary

Today was my sons first day of kindergarten. I was excited to see him in school dress with a bag. Along with my niece, he went to school thus he didn't feel like a new place. He has enjoyed in the school.

I am glad that your son enjoyed his first day. It is great place to be, as it means he will be able to make lots of new friends and have a fantastic time.
    @Paulette -Next time I will write down the name of the flowers! The woman who gives the flower arranging, explain it very well, with all the names of the flowers, but I always forget .....stupid :|
    Dear Diary,

Today is an extreme cold day, it has been raining for almost half day, and now it is raining. I am going to be frozen although i am lying on my bed, my hands are as cold as ice cream, which is tasty but my hands are definitely not tasty at all, and i think it is a good idea to go to sleep as early as possible, because it is too cold to do anything except sleeping.

Good night.

Lisa
    Dear Diary
    I raided my wine cellar today. As it is in London and I don't visit very often, I have too many bottles that are getting a bit old. I hope the white wine hasn't spoilt because they don't keep so well. The Chateauneuf du Pape has a reputation for lasting so might be okay.
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 687 ✭✭✭
    As you said he enjoyed a lot in school with new friends @GemmaRowlands on the second day he started crying to go school. The school teacher called my wife to bring my kid. He had been sobbing for hours. I think the second day he feels fearful.
    @lisa you're a good mom, you are working outside of the country for your little angle bright future. As per @Paulette we are spending our time with kids only holidays so spend with your kid in holidays.
    @madhug My daughter had been crying every morning in her first week to school, after the first week she has gotten used to the life of school, now she is happy to go to school because there are teachers and friends in school. It is hard for both the child and the parents during the first month.
    Dear Diary

I usually go office by bike, It takes one and half hour to reach office. There was too much traffic so I decided to change my travel mode. I choose to go by train. The Railway Station is far from my home and office also. I went to office by train today. It is not convenient. It takes a lot of time to reach office.
  • MaoMao Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Dear Diary

I live in a small town in Japan. What happened today might not occur often in the city. Today, I was waiting for a bus. I was carrying my daughter in baby carrier. A lady(maybe in fifties) joined and we started having a small talk. When the bus arrived, she said." I have a Golden retriever and you are welcomed to come see him anytime!"and then she gave me her name. After giving my daughter a vaccination shot, we were waiting for a bus to return home. Suddenly a car polled over in front us. A lady(different lady from earlier) in the drivers seat rolled down the window and said, "where are you going? It's gonna rain hard soon. I'll give you a ride if you'd like." The bus was supposed to come in a few minutes so I politely turned down her offer. Maybe these ladies didn't say such things to try to be nice. They said because it's very normal for them to be nice to people always. This is why I like living in this small town. I hope I'll be like them being nice to anyone and supporting to make our community a better place.
    @lisa @madhug a grandson of mine had his forst school day too this week and every morning he cries when his mom or dad are going away but in the afternoon when school is out he doesn't want go home because he wants to play further with his friends.
    A child is very flexibel and if he feels love and peace around him the he is happy I think.
    lisa said:

@madhug My daughter had been crying every morning in her first week to school, after the first week she has gotten used to the life of school, now she is happy to go to school because there are teachers and friends in school. It is hard for both the child and the parents during the first month.

I am sorry to hear that she struggled to settle in, but I am glad that it has got better for her, and that she is enjoying school more now.
    Dear Diary

I asked my son in the morning "Will you go to school today?" He said " Yes". He went to the school. After reaching the school he started sobbing and the class teacher said that he claimed school gates to come out from the school.
    @Paulette @lisa We can't easily understand children feelings. It takes time to understand kids.
  • swathiswathi Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Dear Diary,

Today my feeling not well, I got headache, so morning i woke up so late and then I came to office . one hour I did my work after had lunch with my colleagues. After i took tablets, I am ok now. i am going to home .
  • DeucalionDeucalion Posts: 621 ✭✭✭
    edited November 16
    When I get off work, my headache works out itself, @swathi . :)
    To be healthy you have to keep a far distance with your job, as far as you can. :p
    swathi said:

Dear Diary,

Today my feeling not well, I got headache, so morning i woke up so late and then I came to office . one hour I did my work after had lunch with my colleagues. After i took tablets, I am ok now. i am going to home .

I am sorry to hear that you didn't feel well. It can be annoying when you have a headache, but the good news is that usually you can just take some pills to get rid of it, and everything works out well.
    Dear Diary
    I had fun this morning sorting through old photos taken from when I was a student and when I visited Tunisia, the first time I ever flew anywhere. Some of the photos have faded a bit. I have not yet checked the slides but I hope the colour hasn't changedwith these.
    @mheredge so if the pictures are faded you can't control if there are a few wrinkles appeared in your face. But I think you are still the girl of then with a lot of enthousiasm! ;)
    @mheredge :'( I also have old photos total faded. I'm not sure, but I was about twenty-nine a thirty years old and had very long hair. It were photos with my sons in Spain.
    In spite of the bad quality of the colors I can not throw them away.

It's a long time ago that I've seen the photos.... maybe the color is complettly away?