Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your diary in LE forum

Comments

• MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Diary,

Why is the time going so fast? wake-up, breakfast, reading the newspaper, to the hairdresser, some ironing, lunch, do the dishes, in the afternoon on foot visite to mother, and eating again. Help!!!
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,845 mod
    edited October 11
    @madhug my mom is almost 93 years old and mental is she very good but two years ago she had a bleeding in its brains and she became completely blind. It was very hard to stay in her house, because I don't live next to the door and my brothers and dad are already died. So she came in a residential care center. But at home she was very active, she filled in crosswords, she read a lot, and watched TV and she was a good cook. Now she is dependent on others and therefore she is very biiterly.
    @Paulette- I'm sure pets have a good influence on people.
    It always should be possible to have a pet in the care center.
    Of course, who will take care the pet? To bad!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,887 mod
    Michouxe said:

Dear Diary,

Before I do mother's laundry, I check her clothes because she always hides paper napkins in her sleeves or bags. This evening when I took the laundry out the washing machine to hang out, I found some little paperpieces. sometimes I think she has a secret place to hide the paper. Double check next time! ;)

My family do this all the time, and it is very annoying. The little pieces of tissue get everywhere, and they are very difficult to get rid of.
    Dear Diary,

What a night, every hour was very slowly! three o'clock, four o'clock and when I finally asleep, the neighbors alarm goes off from their mobile home and I wake up again! :( And now I'm very tired.
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    Dear Diary

My bike was giving trouble, there was no pickup in the bike, I went to nearest Honda bike service center. I've shown my bike to a mechanic. He told that bike engine was failed so estimated repair cost would be around 16000 rupees. If you have insurance half of the payment they would pay.

I suggest to mechanic, If repair cost would be more than 8000 rupees don't repair it, then he replied If insurance is applicable the cost might be reduced below 8 thousand rupees.

I said, "Ok.. do it as early as possible."

He had been repairing the bike for one week. I got a call from service center, they told me that bike was repaired. I went to the service center yesterday morning. Still, he had been repairing my bike. Finally, the bike was repaired.

Still, It gives noise. :(
    @Michouxe
    Your mother is great, even 93 years she is doing herself. I am asking God, give her good strength lifelong.
    @madhug I think you made a mistake! Is this message not for@Paulette?
    My mother is 94 years old. ;)
    @madhug my mother could do these things when you wasn't blind, now she listens sometimes to the radio because she can't see anything but she is very rebellious and manytime she says that she wants to die. She doesn't accepct to be dependent.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    Dear Diary

Today has gone too quickly. I am looking forward to the weekend and especially Sunday when I will go walking in the Kathmandu Valley with friends. It is still 'work' however, as we will be testing out a new tourist activity!
    Michouxe said:

Dear Diary,

What a night, every hour was very slowly! three o'clock, four o'clock and when I finally asleep, the neighbors alarm goes off from their mobile home and I wake up again! :( And now I'm very tired.

It is frustrating when you're not able to sleep at night. I hope that you manage to get more sleep tonight, as you will feel much better for it!
    Have you tried earplugs @Michouxe?
    @mheredge The alarm of the mobilhome makes not every night noise.The problem is that I not have a button to turn off thoughts! :/
    @Paulette your mother has a brave heart. Anyway, you are lucky you got such a wonderful mother.
    Today's been a relaxing day. I have been busy too though.
    edited October 14
    Dear Diary,

Yesterday, I have got a lot of birthday cards, but also a letter with the diagnosis of the free population research intestinal cancer.
    My diagnosis was deviation. No nice news on my birthday.
    I'm not afraid, but the stories that I heard drinking four liters water with a bad taste, vomit and about the rest we don't speak!
    I see later!
    Today it was beautful summer weather, In the morning we went to the market and In the afternoon we went on foot to mother and enjoyed of it. And tomorrow also nice weather!!! ;)
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    Dear diary
    today is an off day here,I wake un late then I prepar breakfast to my family, we take our milk with a very delicous chocolate cake which I made yeserday then I go to the hospital because there is a patient who doesn't feel good.
    in the afternoon I do some search about my visit to Istanbul.
    Dear Diary

After an enjoyable day hiking with friends, I am now in a nice homestay in a village. Unfortunately my friend who was supposed to join me had to go back to Kathmandu unexpectedly. One of her clients had not felt well trekking at about 3,700m and had insisted on being rescued by helicopter and flown to Kathmandu. The hospital however found nothing wrong and released her, so she's back at her hotel. But apparently her mother is insisting she returns to Australia immediately even though she's got another couple of weeks to go, and at very low altitude. My friend isn't sure that the insurance will pay for the evacuation and certainly the client won't get any refund for the cancelled flights, booked hotels or if any charge is made for changing her flight to go back early. Plus if she goes back she's leet in down another girl who was supposed to go with her as a volunteer for the last two weeks if their stay.

What a mess! So instead of taking a few days off and relaxing, my poor friend is having to go back to sort things out.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    Dear diary.
    Feeling really awesome.I done and dusted end semester examination.I have no exams in this year more over except if I have repeat subjects.I hope I won't repeat.but I am really afraid of some subjects.
    Dear diary,
    last week I visited an atelier where an artist repairs and refreshs paintings. She does this in an atmospheric quiet place
    It really is very precise work because you afterwards may not seen the reparation.
    But she show a kindfull, patient and warmly involvement for this paintings, she says "these paintings are my kids."
    Here you can see one of her reparation works!

edited October 16
    Dear Diary,
    What a beautiful autumn weather for the time of year! Yesterday after visiting mother we went to Brasserie "Den Beer" on the market. Because we were a bit too early, we first went for a walk. The city was overwhelmed with a mass of people, It was "warm welcome weekend" many shops were open saturday and sunday, and all terraces are overcrowded .
    After dinner we could go home in a light coat or even a t-shirt.
    Today we took a free day, because we had a lot to do in city, while enjoying this nice day, and for the first time I drank a "Mechelse" Gin Tonic.
    @Paulette - Well done, I want to do that too! but I'm just a hobbyist or something!
    @Michouxe I didn't do this, it was the lady who we have visited, she is a professional restaurator.I don't deserve this praise.
    @Paulette@ :| I know, I mean this lady did it well.
    But, my English isn't always clear.
    Dear Diary
    I learned a lot about beekeeping yesterday. Nepali bees seem very accommodating and rarely sting anyone. The beekeepers here can easily pick up the frames and touch the bees without too much risk of being stung. By contrast European bees are not as friendly.
  • YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy today because it's the first anniversary of my joining this forum. I want to say thank you to all the people here who I have been talking with, about a lot of interesting things. It's very wonderful experience for me. Although these days I come here a little less often than before, I still love this forum and I'll keep being here with you. Anyway, thank you so much again!
    sammani said:

Dear diary.

Feeling really awesome.I done and dusted end semester examination.I have no exams in this year more over except if I have repeat subjects.I hope I won't repeat.but I am really afraid of some subjects.

I am glad that your exams are over, that must be an amazing feeling. I loved sitting my last exam when I was at school, and knowing that I would finally get a break!
    > @GemmaRowlands said:
    > Dear diary.
    >
    > Feeling really awesome.I done and dusted end semester examination.I have no exams in this year more over except if I have repeat subjects.I hope I won't repeat.but I am really afraid of some subjects.
    >
    > I am glad that your exams are over, that must be an amazing feeling. I loved sitting my last exam when I was at school, and knowing that I would finally get a break!

I also feel the same @GemmaRowlands

When I was at school, I am desperately waiting for completing my last exam. I was on cloud nine that movement. :D
    Dear Diary

I have a desire, I would like to give the presentation on User Experience in my office. I couldn't get the chance to give a deck on stage. I have been trying this long ago. Because of stage fear, I have been procrastinating this.

Next month there is a meeting going on, I definitely give the presentation on UX.
    @madhug that is great of you and I know you can do this because you like new challenges. I wish you good luck!