Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Who had ever seen a miracle in your life?

I never saw a miracle. Never. I talking about the miracle of a something incredible, what you saw but don't might believe in it even now. If someone had ever seen it just tell as about it. where was it and how did it happen.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,502 mod
    I think there are miracles happening around us everywhere, all the time @Alexsandr.
  • AlexsandrAlexsandr Posts: 58 ✭✭
    @mheredge I just want to ask about a real physical miracle.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    I don't believe in miracles, but I had in my youth a wart on my finger and my grandmother she was going to the church and put my hand in the watervat, two weeks later it was away! ;-)
  • JanjardJanjard Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    @Michouche And the other people who put their hand in the water?
    edited April 8
    I saw a baby being born one time @Alexsandr. I suppose it's just a biological event, but somehow it felt like a pretty special miracle at the time.
    Post edited by mheredge on
  • AlexsandrAlexsandr Posts: 58 ✭✭
    @mheredge it is great!!!
  • DiakhaDiakha Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Alexandre I think you have to reconsider your understanding of what is miracle. Otherwise, as Mheredge said miracles are everywhere around you. Just observe how the sun the earth and the moon are moving every second during who knows how many times, in a perfect order?! Or try to imagine how you have come in this world? Observe carefully a new born baby and imagine his future lifetime... In general, from my understanding, miracles are in the domain of God, for those who are believers.
  • SergiiSergii Posts: 3
    what is miracle? I agree with Diakha, miracles are everywhere. It depends on only your opinion. For example in fair story a magician just imagine something in his mind and it appears, for example a bridge. But architect do the same))) but it take some time. So little time for bridge which will stay there dozens or hundred years.
    I agree with you @Sergii. Just look at a blade of grass. Surely that is a miracle of nature? Miracles are everywhere we look. (Seeing is a marvellous miracle too).
  • nontannontan Posts: 145 ✭✭
    > @Alexsandr said:
    > @mheredge I just want to ask about a real physical miracle.
    >

I think what @Alexsandr means by Miracle is for instance rising from death or walking on the top of the water or things like that, not birth of life or moving of planets or something we can easily see.
    I am also interested in such miracle, but I have no such experiences.
    Can anyone share some with us?
    But what is a miracle? My GP (General Practitioner Doctor) obviously knew how Reiki can treat some conditions. Feeling the warmth from her hand and having a nasty headache suddenly disappear could be seen to be a miracle. At risk of blasphemy, I believe a lot of Jesus Christ's 'medical' miracles could have been something like this.
    > @mheredge said:
    > But what is a miracle? My GP (General Practitioner Doctor) obviously knew how Reiki can treat some conditions. Feeling the warmth from her hand and having a nasty headache suddenly disappear could be seen to be a miracle. At risk of blasphemy, I believe a lot of Jesus Christ's 'medical' miracles could have been something like this.

We share whatever we think is miracle here, and if someone doubts it or thinks it can be explained scientifically, we can discuss it afterwards.

By the way, sorry, I don't understand, why does the warmth of a hand cause the disappearing of a headache?
  • taghriedtaghried Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Hi all there is no miracles with me till now ... a miracle like Stephen Hawking in a movie(The Theory of Everything) the doctors said he wouldn't live for two years but he still with us and his age now 75 ..This miracle surprised me
    @nontan have you come across reiki healing? You can often feel heat or energy from the person giving the treatment and this can relieve pain.
    > @taghried said:
    > Hi all there is no miracles with me till now ... a miracle like Stephen Hawking in a movie(The Theory of Everything) the doctors said he wouldn't live for two years but he still with us and his age now 75 ..This miracle surprised me

He predicts that the human being will go extinct within next hundred years.
    He might think we need some miracle for saving us.
    edited October 2
    > @mheredge said:
    > @nontan have you come across reiki healing? You can often feel heat or energy from the person giving the treatment and this can relieve pain.

I have.
    I thought you meant Reiki has no extraordinary healing power like '氣'(Ki), and it is just the warmth which heals illness. So I wondered if just warmth could heal illness.
    I believe spiritual healing(?) exists, I don't know what I should call it, anyway something like holding your hand over the ill part of the body, and from the hand emanating some energy which heals illness.
    Some masters have this power.
  • taghriedtaghried Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited October 3
    Actually, I begin to believe the human being will extinct because every day there are killers around the world @nontan
    I think potentially everyone has this power @nontan but most people don't recognise it or know how to use it.
    I think so too.
    There are good many people in the world who claim they have healing power.
    We can easily find some of them. I know that there are some in my city.
    But normally their healing power is not so very strong, like extinguishing a cancer in an instant, or making a blind person able to see in one day.
    I think it is a bit difficult to prove these power really exist.
    A lot is about acceptance that everyone has the potential @nontan. Most people reject the idea.
    @mheredge
    You think healing power exist and everyone has it potentially.
    But you also wrote that what heals the illness is the warmth of the hand.
    I don't understand what you meant by this.
    Do you think there is some invisible extraordinary healing power, like 'Ki' ?
    Something like that @nontan. The energy from the hand was thd heat I felt that took away the headache. Reiki is good at helping people who feel aches and pains.