Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Apple's iPhone 7 event in 9 minutes

aladdinaladdin Radio ProducerLEOnetworkPosts: 1,493 mod
edited September 2016 in Technology and Games

Apple's iPhone 7 event in 9 minutes

Apple – Introducing iPhone 7

Here is the full event : Apple – September Event 2016

Do you find this year came with a great features or it just a little and it's not worth to pay it?
What do you think is the most amazing thing in this year event?

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,537 mod
    I currently have the 6S and I am tempted to upgrade (well, buy the phone anyway) because I like having the latest one. I don't know why, I just do.
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,493 mod
    I like Apple devices but to upgrade from one to another I have to feel there is a huge need to do this upgrade. For me there is no a huge difference between iPhone 5s,6,6s,SE or 7.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
    My amazing moment from this event it's Supper Mario will be soon available on iPhone :D
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    WB Aladdin.
    It looks to me waterproofing matters to me, because I'll drool on my iPhone 6 while sleeping.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,340 mod
    I'm still wondering about the lack of the headphone jack on the latest iPhone.
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,493 mod
    @mheredge they came with Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter

'Why would we remove the analogue headphone jack? Courage. Our team has tremendous courage.'
    I am wondering how they come up with such an answer.

" they came with Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter"
    But iPhone 7 still stay 7.1mm, it doesn't become thinner.
    Well, so it means I can't listen to music on iPhone 7 while charging it.
    Plus, it'll cost me $9, if I lose it...

Don't tell me to use AirPods. It's even more expensive, costing $159.
    Exactly my point @Shiny03. Crafty Apple have added yet another additional gadget that is needed, which is not useful for anything else.
  • @Shiny03 Well, how often do you actually listen to music with your iPhone while charging it? :smile:
    I don't think it was a bad decision to remove the jack adapter, but I don't like the alternatives they provided.
    Well, well, well...I'm not only listen to music, but audiobook. I'm attached to it 24/7. He's my mate. I can't live without him.:D @Axelander
    I had an iPhone once (an iPhone 2 or 3) but I'm not hooked to any particular model. My main complaint with my Samsung Duos is that it doesn't have a big internal memory so it gets full too easily. I often forget to take it with me!
    I *do not only....

Is there anything that you always take them with you wherever you go? @mheredge
    aladdin said:

I like Apple devices but to upgrade from one to another I have to feel there is a huge need to do this upgrade. For me there is no a huge difference between iPhone 5s,6,6s,SE or 7.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
    My amazing moment from this event it's Supper Mario will be soon available on iPhone :D

Yes I agree that there are often only small differences. But some people still choose to upgrade every single time a new phone comes out!
    For the techies, you might find this article about the new iPhone's spec interesting.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/12/12886058/iphone-7-specs-competition

edited September 2016
    It may be hard to believe, but we have this event, assembled by math enthusiast, called Romantic Math Night in Japan.

It's unique, but hilarious. Take a look at this link. http://mathpower.sugakubunka.com/
    1. They tell formula jokes. (Yes. Just formula, function or numbers, no stories, no person involved)
    2. They teach you how to chase a girl with math
    3. Teach you how to earn a living with math
    4. Play to become a millionaire card game from 1am to 6am
    5. How does math helps in your life/ will be useful for life
    6. Making math poems
    7. All about jokes of numbers
    8. Math Olympics

A millionaire card game

Don't get me wrong. It's healthy. No matter who you are, how old you are, even if you hate math, you can join
    them. They are serious, but full of humor. It's not a joke. You might think it as a gathering of a bunch of nerds.
    On the contrary, people of every genre of occupations or of all ages come to this event.
  • QuiruioQuiruio Posts: 1
    Anyone switched to iPhone 7 from Android?
    Quiruio said:

Anyone switched to iPhone 7 from Android?

I have a friend who has done that, and he took a while to get used to the new system, but has now said that he would never want to switch back.
  • daniel81daniel81 Posts: 4
    It is a big difference between a iPhone and an Android Phone. The price :)
  • leonvictorleonvictor Posts: 5
    I don't have a iphone and never had! I think all qualities are excellent and bring new characteristics when iphone is launched, but really it is so expensive and even to wich have the last version like 6s and 6. In my opinion its 6s and 6 versions are still so good to change even for a new version!!
  • CarrineSamantha_YCarrineSamantha_Y Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I have the Iphone 5s and all I can say upon hearing the new Iphone 7 is that yes, there's a whole new bag of improvements in a new case but sooner or later or even now the company most likely already have a blueprint ready for an Iphone 7s or Iphone 8, just to keep the thread going
    Dinosaur that I am, I'm looking forward to catching up with my very simple Nokia mobile that can only be used for talking and sms'ing! I have a couple of them stashed away in Kathmandu. They are very useful as the battery lasts for ages on a single charge. And in a country that has only power half the day, this is definitely a bonus.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are promoting Apple's iPhone 7. I never used iPhone as I feel comfortable with Samsung! :)