Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How often do you eat out?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 6,317 mod
I had my lunch out today, so I was wondering exactly how often people tend to eat out.

I usually go perhaps once every two weeks, and I think that it is a good way to catch up with your family.

What about you? How often do you eat out?

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    2 time per month
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,688 mod
    In France, I probably eat out two or three times a week, sometimes more depending on whether my friends are in town. In Kathmandu I don't have much choice but to eat out most of the time as I don't have a kitchen.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually eat out with my colleagues, once or twice in a week.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,317 mod
    Bubbly said:

I usually eat out with my colleagues, once or twice in a week.

That is quite a lot, but I suppose if you are with your colleagues it is an important part of the working day!
  • ICEBERGICEBERG Posts: 32 ✭✭
    I eat out once a week, i can't eat more because i have a strict diet and i don't want ruin it. And Eat out is more expensive than to prepare your own food.
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I eat out 1 to 2 times per week.
    ICEBERG said:

I eat out once a week, i can't eat more because i have a strict diet and i don't want ruin it. And Eat out is more expensive than to prepare your own food.

I agree that it can be quite expensive, so I suppose eating out is something that should be saved as more of a treat than something that is done regularly.
    Here in France I tend to eat out more at weekends when friends are in town. During the week though, I'm less likely to. Like @ICEBERG says, it's more expensive, and I also don't want to get fat!
    mheredge said:

Here in France I tend to eat out more at weekends when friends are in town. During the week though, I'm less likely to. Like @ICEBERG says, it's more expensive, and I also don't want to get fat!

I agree, I also eat out more when I am with my friends, as it is the easiest thing to do if there are people who I want to have a conversation and a catch up with.
  • sandiehsandieh Posts: 6
    I usually eat once a week at the weekends
    sandieh said:

I usually eat once a week at the weekends

I think that is a wonderful thing to be able to do at the weekend, particularly if you are with loved ones.
  • PRASHANT_KUMARPRASHANT_KUMAR Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I usually eat once a week at the weakends@mohit
    What sort of things do you eat when you eat out @PRASHANT_KUMAR, @sandieh?

I usually eat once a week at the weakends@mohit

I think it can be great to eat out at the weekend, because it really gives you something to enjoy as a way to wind down after a long week at work!
    I particularly enjoy eating out on a Sunday evening @GemmaRowlands. Last night I met a friend and we ate out. I had a really nice marmite of fish. I now need to check out some recipes for this to see if I can make this at home.
    mheredge said:

I particularly enjoy eating out on a Sunday evening @GemmaRowlands. Last night I met a friend and we ate out. I had a really nice marmite of fish. I now need to check out some recipes for this to see if I can make this at home.

Funnily enough, I don't like eating out on a Sunday, because I always feel as though I want to be at home ready for an early night because I am working on Monday morning!
    @GemmaRowlands I usually cook something on weekends for me as well as for the family. I don't like to eat out on weekends especially. It may be a bit weird though!
    Bubbly said:

@GemmaRowlands I usually cook something on weekends for me as well as for the family. I don't like to eat out on weekends especially. It may be a bit weird though!

That sounds like a lovely thing to do at the weekend, as it is a very special time to be able to spend with your family.
    I'm looking forward to meeting my British friends who are in town for a short visit. We are going to a restaurant called Restaurant Angleterre. Fortunately it is named this only because it is on rue Angleterre and not because of its cuisine!
    mheredge said:

I'm looking forward to meeting my British friends who are in town for a short visit. We are going to a restaurant called Restaurant Angleterre. Fortunately it is named this only because it is on rue Angleterre and not because of its cuisine!

I hope you enjoy your meal with your friends! But I can promise you, there is nothing wrong with English food - we do serve up some great things sometimes!! ;)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to eat out my home When I feel hungry I'll take fast food
    Khalied said:

I don't like to eat out my home When I feel hungry I'll take fast food

I think that fast food is a great thing to have, because it is so convenient and most of us can find something that we are going to enjoy, too!
    I didn't intend having lunch out. I succumbed when I came across a cafe in the bookshop where I was looking for a book.
    mheredge said:

I didn't intend having lunch out. I succumbed when I came across a cafe in the bookshop where I was looking for a book.

Were you able to sit and read the book while you were having your lunch? I would love to do that!
    @GemmaRowlands I can't eat anything whilst I am reading because I can't concentrate on reading then.
    Bubbly said:

@GemmaRowlands I can't eat anything whilst I am reading because I can't concentrate on reading then.

I struggle to read while eating too, unless I am reading on my Kindle rather than from an actual, physical book.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,806 mod
    edited January 2017
    This night we are going out. A bank boss invited us, because he is a friend of my husband. He is a nice guy, and ready to retire.
    Recently he celebrated his 60th birthday.
    They both are mounteneers and love the mountains.
    Hermine said:

This night we are going out. A bank boss invited us, because he is a friend of my husband. He is a nice guy, and ready to retire.
    Recently he celebrated his 60th birthday.
    They both are mounteneers and love the mountains.

That sounds like an interesting hobby. I expect they were able to talk about that a lot while you were having your meal.
  • pelouchepelouche Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, I eat twice a day. As I only eat twice a day, I need more then a sandwich, jam, yogurt or chocolate spread. Breakfast means : cheese, meat, eggs and home baked bread ( prepared on the traditional way our grandmother did, not with the breadmaker) About 6:30 PM I have supper which consists of patatoes, vegetables and a pice of meat.
  • ElshaimaaElshaimaa Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    When i was work ... Everyday i ate out
    But now 4 times per month i guess that