Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How often do you eat out?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,327 mod
I had my lunch out today, so I was wondering exactly how often people tend to eat out.

I usually go perhaps once every two weeks, and I think that it is a good way to catch up with your family.

What about you? How often do you eat out?

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    2 time per month
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,055 mod
    In France, I probably eat out two or three times a week, sometimes more depending on whether my friends are in town. In Kathmandu I don't have much choice but to eat out most of the time as I don't have a kitchen.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,058 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually eat out with my colleagues, once or twice in a week.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,327 mod
    Bubbly said:

I usually eat out with my colleagues, once or twice in a week.

That is quite a lot, but I suppose if you are with your colleagues it is an important part of the working day!
  • ICEBERGICEBERG Posts: 32 ✭✭
    I eat out once a week, i can't eat more because i have a strict diet and i don't want ruin it. And Eat out is more expensive than to prepare your own food.
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I eat out 1 to 2 times per week.
    ICEBERG said:

I eat out once a week, i can't eat more because i have a strict diet and i don't want ruin it. And Eat out is more expensive than to prepare your own food.

I agree that it can be quite expensive, so I suppose eating out is something that should be saved as more of a treat than something that is done regularly.
    Here in France I tend to eat out more at weekends when friends are in town. During the week though, I'm less likely to. Like @ICEBERG says, it's more expensive, and I also don't want to get fat!
    mheredge said:

Here in France I tend to eat out more at weekends when friends are in town. During the week though, I'm less likely to. Like @ICEBERG says, it's more expensive, and I also don't want to get fat!

I agree, I also eat out more when I am with my friends, as it is the easiest thing to do if there are people who I want to have a conversation and a catch up with.
  • sandiehsandieh Posts: 6
    I usually eat once a week at the weekends
    sandieh said:

I usually eat once a week at the weekends

I think that is a wonderful thing to be able to do at the weekend, particularly if you are with loved ones.
  • PRASHANT_KUMARPRASHANT_KUMAR Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I usually eat once a week at the weakends@mohit
    What sort of things do you eat when you eat out @PRASHANT_KUMAR, @sandieh?

I usually eat once a week at the weakends@mohit

I think it can be great to eat out at the weekend, because it really gives you something to enjoy as a way to wind down after a long week at work!
    I particularly enjoy eating out on a Sunday evening @GemmaRowlands. Last night I met a friend and we ate out. I had a really nice marmite of fish. I now need to check out some recipes for this to see if I can make this at home.
    mheredge said:

I particularly enjoy eating out on a Sunday evening @GemmaRowlands. Last night I met a friend and we ate out. I had a really nice marmite of fish. I now need to check out some recipes for this to see if I can make this at home.

Funnily enough, I don't like eating out on a Sunday, because I always feel as though I want to be at home ready for an early night because I am working on Monday morning!
    @GemmaRowlands I usually cook something on weekends for me as well as for the family. I don't like to eat out on weekends especially. It may be a bit weird though!
    Bubbly said:

@GemmaRowlands I usually cook something on weekends for me as well as for the family. I don't like to eat out on weekends especially. It may be a bit weird though!

That sounds like a lovely thing to do at the weekend, as it is a very special time to be able to spend with your family.
    I'm looking forward to meeting my British friends who are in town for a short visit. We are going to a restaurant called Restaurant Angleterre. Fortunately it is named this only because it is on rue Angleterre and not because of its cuisine!
    mheredge said:

I'm looking forward to meeting my British friends who are in town for a short visit. We are going to a restaurant called Restaurant Angleterre. Fortunately it is named this only because it is on rue Angleterre and not because of its cuisine!

I hope you enjoy your meal with your friends! But I can promise you, there is nothing wrong with English food - we do serve up some great things sometimes!! ;)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to eat out my home When I feel hungry I'll take fast food
    Khalied said:

I don't like to eat out my home When I feel hungry I'll take fast food

I think that fast food is a great thing to have, because it is so convenient and most of us can find something that we are going to enjoy, too!
    I didn't intend having lunch out. I succumbed when I came across a cafe in the bookshop where I was looking for a book.
    mheredge said:

I didn't intend having lunch out. I succumbed when I came across a cafe in the bookshop where I was looking for a book.

Were you able to sit and read the book while you were having your lunch? I would love to do that!
    @GemmaRowlands I can't eat anything whilst I am reading because I can't concentrate on reading then.
    Bubbly said:

@GemmaRowlands I can't eat anything whilst I am reading because I can't concentrate on reading then.

I struggle to read while eating too, unless I am reading on my Kindle rather than from an actual, physical book.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,248 mod
    edited January 22
    This night we are going out. A bank boss invited us, because he is a friend of my husband. He is a nice guy, and ready to retire.
    Recently he celebrated his 60th birthday.
    They both are mounteneers and love the mountains.
    Hermine said:

This night we are going out. A bank boss invited us, because he is a friend of my husband. He is a nice guy, and ready to retire.
    Recently he celebrated his 60th birthday.
    They both are mounteneers and love the mountains.

That sounds like an interesting hobby. I expect they were able to talk about that a lot while you were having your meal.
  • pelouchepelouche Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, I eat twice a day. As I only eat twice a day, I need more then a sandwich, jam, yogurt or chocolate spread. Breakfast means : cheese, meat, eggs and home baked bread ( prepared on the traditional way our grandmother did, not with the breadmaker) About 6:30 PM I have supper which consists of patatoes, vegetables and a pice of meat.
  • ElshaimaaElshaimaa Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    When i was work ... Everyday i ate out
    But now 4 times per month i guess that