Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Is technology killing creativity?

sanjaysanjay Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Technology and Games
Virtual games verses real games, cut and paste instead of writing skill, voice generating softwares
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• ItaloCabralItaloCabral Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Everything is online now. I miss the time when people used to play outside and chat with each other.
  • sanjaysanjay Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Virtually we are close but hearly apart
  • sanjaysanjay Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Heartly
  • XorgXorg Posts: 4
    before you can answer to this question, you have to ask yourself - what reality is?
  • vishal23469vishal23469 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Every coin have two faces it's only depend on us how we take it. Actually because of internet we can learn a lot of things which could be impossible for us before this. Now because of the TECHNOLOGY we are here on this form to discuss about something, but as i said before it also have adverse effects kids are getting involve in some unusual stuff which are making them introvert and killing their creativity.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Reality varies from person to person. :)
    Xorg said:

before you can answer to this question, you have to ask yourself - what reality is?

• abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭
    I do agree technology is killing the creativity. Now a days everything is software generated. It is reduction of Manpower and people are dependent on Machines. Technology is good but i think somewhere its going in a wrong direction people are using technology in a negative way.
  • serenamikellserenamikell Posts: 3
    edited November 2016
    I would like to share a simple example. When we try to calculate some easy arithmatic, we tend to use our brain, when it comes with practice we learn some manual methods to find the solution. Those who are using calculators would never figure out their own methods to solve simple problems even.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • Even for calculating simple arithmetic we need calculators. There is no way to reckon our own method of solving at least simple problems. Yes we are killing creativity.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,105 mod
    I can't believe how few people seem capable of simple arithmetic without a calculator. I usually work out sums in my head, or worst case scenario, scribble on the back of an envelope.
  • nomad81nomad81 Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    I think that technology is result of human creativity and it has help us in a daily living.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,105 mod
    I think people should not forget that they have a brain and not rely too heavily on technology all the time. When it's not there for some reason, it's important that you can manage somehow without it.
  • lukyluky Posts: 71 ✭✭
    @mheredge:

Thecnology has a great power but we need the ability to manage this thecnologies.
  • muniomunio Posts: 10 ✭✭
    My opinion it is depend of human. Computer, network, comfort are dimension who may slackness, I know we likes comfort, we like don't think (sometimes of course) but if you can't work at themselves you may lost very important thing, your personality (sense of humour, creativity, thinking etc.). So we should use technology carefully.
    Btw.: I am computer/technology freak ;)
  • lukyluky Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I have bougth play station 3 this Christmas 2016.
    This is a drug, I am plaing with Call of Diuty black ops, F1, and so on.
    I am sure if I manage my time well, PS3 give a lot of plesure, it is it is stimulating and means tecnology improve life quality.
This discussion has been closed.