Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What are you making for lunch today?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 6,077 mod
Today I have a lot of work that I have to do, so I won't be able to stop for a proper lunch break. So I am having a snack bar and a cup of tea, and that will do until dinner time!

But I thought I would ask what you were having for lunch, as I am sure that it is more exciting than me!

So, what are you having for lunch today?
«134

Comments

  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,095 mod
    I rushed out for a sandwich at lunchtime today, mindful that the electricity man might come ant time after 1pm. In fact he was very prompt and came at 1.15. I'm very glad I wasn't tardy getting back from the bakers.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    mheredge said:

    I rushed out for a sandwich at lunchtime today, mindful that the electricity man might come ant time after 1pm. In fact he was very prompt and came at 1.15. I'm very glad I wasn't tardy getting back from the bakers.

    I always find that delivery men are early when I am out, and late when I am home!

    Hopefully today I will be able to find the time for a better lunch than I did yesterday.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,463 mod
    I still have some slices of wholemeal bread, but I'm not sure what I'm going to eat them with; Brie cheese or pancetta.
    My lunch will be as boring as yours, @GemmaRowlands .
    However, by way of compensation, I'm going to bake a pumpkin cake today!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    april said:

    I still have some slices of wholemeal bread, but I'm not sure what I'm going to eat them with; Brie cheese or pancetta.
    My lunch will be as boring as yours, @GemmaRowlands .
    However, by way of compensation, I'm going to bake a pumpkin cake today!

    Wow, please save me a slice of your cake!

    I am having another boring lunch today. Oh, how I hate it when I am so busy I don't get the chance for a proper lunch!
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,463 mod
    Correction; I didn't eat bread at all, I just ate my pumpkin cake!
    It's the first time I baked this cake and I'm happy with the result.
    There is still enough left for you, @GemmaRowlands :) .
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    april said:

    Correction; I didn't eat bread at all, I just ate my pumpkin cake!
    It's the first time I baked this cake and I'm happy with the result.
    There is still enough left for you, @GemmaRowlands :) .

    Thanks, it's my birthday tomorrow too, so I think it would be the ideal time to have a slice of cake!
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Well, I don't cook, but here's what I've been given today: stewed salmon, buckwheat porridge and tomato salad.
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Oh, yes, and some stewed cabbage.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod

    Well, I don't cook, but here's what I've been given today: stewed salmon, buckwheat porridge and tomato salad.

    Sounds lovely!

    Today I went out for lunch as it is my grandparents' wedding anniversary. So I had a lovely roast dinner. I enjoyed myself, but now I am falling asleep at my desk.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    fish
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,095 mod
    I made a salad with lettuce, endive, cucumber, tomato and some cantal cheese (a bit like really good Cheddar). As it was for picnic, I had to remember to bring cutlery and some dressing in a plastic bottle.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't take lunch so no hassle. Sometimes, I make fruit salad or chickpea salad as I like salad for a lunch.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    I had a hot chocolate and a slice of cake for lunch today, as I was meeting a friend. Not the healthiest of choices, but it was all that was available!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,095 mod
    I picked some basil from my herb-garden-in-a-pot and had this in a salad with some egg and cheese.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    mheredge said:

    I picked some basil from my herb-garden-in-a-pot and had this in a salad with some egg and cheese.

    Do you grow a lot of your own herbs? I imagine that is very rewarding, to be able to cook with things that you have actually grown yourself!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I ate chocolate cookies with a cup of tea at lunch time. Really busy today!
  • nomad81nomad81 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    I have a spaghetti on my lunch today. I adore it.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    Bubbly said:

    I ate chocolate cookies with a cup of tea at lunch time. Really busy today!

    They are my favourite type of lunches, I have to admit - though I know that they aren't the healthiest! I have a lot of lunches like that, because it's not often that I have a big enough break from work to enjoy anything else.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,095 mod
    I passed a shop that had a big notice on the door for fresh mozzarella cheese. I bought some and discovered that it was very much the real thing, made near Naples and the couple who have the shop are Italians selling Italian produce. So for lunch, I had a very nice tomato and mozzarella salad, garnished with some olive oil and basil leaves from my herb-garden-in-a-pot.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    mheredge said:

    I passed a shop that had a big notice on the door for fresh mozzarella cheese. I bought some and discovered that it was very much the real thing, made near Naples and the couple who have the shop are Italians selling Italian produce. So for lunch, I had a very nice tomato and mozzarella salad, garnished with some olive oil and basil leaves from my herb-garden-in-a-pot.

    That sounds wonderful. I love mozzarella cheese, it is beautiful, and goes so well with a number of other dishes. It is a very flexible food indeed!
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,463 mod
    edited September 2016
    2016-09-24_05-36-09


    A brunch, that was what I had today and that was pancake with strawberries and Dulce de Leche. :)
    And a mug of coffee of course. <3

  • NazerkeNazerke Posts: 80 Inactive
    @april I like a pancake too, often I eat it with cottage cheese mixed with sugar. Today I ate fish and boiled potatoes.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,463 mod
    Do you make pancakes yourself, @Nazerke ?
  • NazerkeNazerke Posts: 80 Inactive
    @april Yes, I make it very well now, I remember when I cooked pancakes the first time they looked horrible.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    april said:

    2016-09-24_05-36-09


    A brunch, that was what I had today and that was pancake with strawberries and Dulce de Leche. :)
    And a mug of coffee of course.

    That looks lovely. I could do with a cup of coffee right now, as I feel as though I need a little bit of energy to help me through a long and busy afternoon!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,095 mod
    My breakfast was a bit minimalist this morning (a mug of coffee and a little fromage frais). I was planning to come home for a salad lunch. However instead I grabbed a sandwich while I was out instead. It looks like today's planned lunch will now become dinner.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    mheredge said:

    My breakfast was a bit minimalist this morning (a mug of coffee and a little fromage frais). I was planning to come home for a salad lunch. However instead I grabbed a sandwich while I was out instead. It looks like today's planned lunch will now become dinner.

    That does sound like a small breakfast need, but it does sound quite tasty, so I am sure that you still enjoyed it!
  • jamymanyjamymany Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Making this absolutely yummy palak paneer today!

    http://cookclickndevour.com/palak-paneer-recipe
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,077 mod
    Today I am ashamed to say that I have had a piece of chocolate easter egg for my lunch, and that's it. I need to do some shopping, I don't have time to go out because I have too much work to do, so it's the best I can do under the circumstances!
  • jamymanyjamymany Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Making this totally delicious chole today for lunch!

    http://cookclickndevour.com/punjabi-chole-recipe-how-to-make-chole-masala-recipe
Sign In or Register to comment.