Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

have you ever prepared any CV or Resume?

mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
now a days,for getting a good job you should have a interesting or out of the box CV or RESUME.though cv and resume has not a particular pattern to write but it should be prefered in formal ways.there are different section that you have to fill in your CV and RESUME.
1.personal detail
2.objective(career objective)
3.Education
4.Achievements
5.hobby and interests
and many more

what you think what is the best way to write all this detail?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,519 mod
    A few basic tips @mohit_singh:
    - keep it as short as possible (not more than two sides of A4;
    - career objectives should go in your letter of application, as it probably needs to be adjusted to take into account the specific job you're applying for. Here you should say why the job interests you and why you think you are a good candidate (but again, keep it concise).
    - achievements, I assume you mean past jobs, but if it's your first job, then roles or part time work, captain of the cricket team, that sort of thing.

I'm not sure there's any 'many more' things as you need to be as concise as possible. Prospective employers don't usually want to read pages and pages.
  • renothingrenothing Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Have you ever seen Elon Musk CV? Try it one.
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing such a informative thoughts.
    @mheredge
    You are saying that career objective should be in cover letter.but I have seen some Resume where they used career objective in the starting of the resume.
    I do agree that CV and resume should be clear and concise.
    What is Elon musk CV ? Will you elaborate? @renothing
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,711 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We can discuss this topic in the Business Buzz session.
    Oo wao! Then add me to the business buzz session. Though I don't like business mind..!
    @Bubbly
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,711 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mohit_singh don't worry. When I will conduct a session on writing a good resume or CV, I will add you there. :)
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    In today's competitive market, your resume needs to stand out, by highlighting your achievements and key skills
  • stoozestooze Posts: 3
    Tailor it to different jobs - one CV doesn't fit all. Four hugely important areas to remember:
    1. A good. clear, original, focused PROFILE (one or two paras, 7/8 sentences perhaps)
    2. A neat, chronological LAYOUT of work experience and education/quals (going backwards in time)
    3. An interesting HOBBIES & INTERESTS section (too many are boring) and, finally...
    4. Check (PROOF-READ) it, or get someone else too.
    Most CVs (whatever style) will improve hugely just by focusing on those above.
    Hope that helps,
    Shaun (UK)
    Check out these general CV tips www.kmd-solutions.com/cvtips.htm
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,519 mod
    Consultants who advised me after I was made redundant also advise that a good CV should fit onto no more than two sides of A4.
    I have also heard about limiting the length of the CV to 2 pages @mheredge .

I realise that this requirement may be more applicable in certain countries or for certain fields.

But in general:
    To clearly demonstrate skills, achievements & experience, 2 pages are usually not enough, unless the candidate is a recent graduate or only held 1 job.... etc.

Most of the focus is on the 1st page, specially if there are hundreds of applicants. However, if the hiring manager decides to read on they can go to page 2, page 3....etc. If they decide not to go beyond the 1st page, you have nothing to lose.

So I wouldn't limit the length of the CV, unless asked to do so in the advertisement for the specific job.
  • salim1salim1 Posts: 3
    Usually ,a CV should be no more than two pages
    *You should keep your CV up-to-date whether you’re looking for a job or not.
    *Every time something significant occurs in your career, record it so you don't later forget something that could be important.
    As some recruiters & some companies are using Applicant Tracking System/ software to shortlist candidates' resumes/ CVs, it is important to include keywords that match the job advertisement, to get shortlisted.