Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you do for a living?

BiyingBiying Posts: 36 ✭✭
Hey guys, I would like to know what do you do and how do you like your Job? Is that your majoy or does it have anything to do with what you learnt before? Of course it would be more interesting if they are totally different. (My computer teacher in primary school had the major of chemistry)
I'm a boring office lady and write email everyday... but I studied German which leads that I'm working in a German spoken Country now :)

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,100 mod
    I started off as a teacher of history @Biying (I studied history), but I only lasted a year!
  • BiyingBiying Posts: 36 ✭✭
    @mheredge not so interesting to be a teacher?
    Teaching British kids wasn't so wonderful but training adults and teaching children in Asia is a whole different kettle of fish @Biying.
    @mheredge it seems that you have a lot of international experience :)
  • ICEBERGICEBERG Posts: 32 ✭✭
    I was teacher too but a dance teacher. It is fun but i don't want a career as teacher. Now i am student in financial engineering. It is very difficult to teach children because you have to do the police sometimes but with the adults it's great.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @ICEBERG but working with kids is a fun. Isn't it? I think I would love to work with children as we can easily handle them with some tactics and tricks. :)
  • ICEBERGICEBERG Posts: 32 ✭✭
    @Bubbly i prefer work with adults, you can do more things than with kids and they are more diciplined. Kids are always speaking and sometimes they are nasty to each other. But i think it's not the same thing teaching dance and history for exemple because with dance, the kids can be more easily dissipated.
    It is fun to teach children but you are limited and it's more tiring.
    @Bubbly yes working with Kids is a fun but only for a short time...I had a mini Job in a kindergarten and played a lot of games with kids, I was so exhausted after 3 hours cause you have to keep yourself excited like a child all the time...
    @ICEBERG @Biying may be you are right because I worked with children for a very short period of time and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • ali2920ali2920 Posts: 2
    I'm an electronic engineer,I work for a cement plan in Iran. I'd like to run an internet based business,I really love this field but in looking for a good idea,I couldn't find any yet but I'll find it finally, in sure!!!
    @ali2920 internet based business is really lucrative business these days if you have a good command on different technical aspects of it. I wish you all the best!
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a rice weevil? :(
    What do you do @Shiny03? What's involved in being a rice weevil?
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people who don't produce, only consume, we call them rice weevils in Asia. @mheredge
  • alexenglishalexenglish Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I Would like to know what do you do for a living? Do you like your current job? Are you making good money? Let's discuss about this...
    What is good money? Everyone has a different idea about how much this is.
  • alexenglishalexenglish Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Yes. I agree with you. Money can be very different for many people. It doesn't have anything to do on how much you have on you banking account!
  • mdshamsadmdshamsad Posts: 87 ✭✭
    If we have an promotion......that time we will satisfy but it does not mean our desired finished.For satisfy we should always try to do smart work then we should not need to bother about money ......that time what we deserve that we will get...and we will enjoy our life
    @mdshamsad I believe in smart work especially when it comes to the field work.