It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.
We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Tricks to imrpove vocabulary while watching tv
Here's what I sometimes do:
1. I watch an episode (maybe a SITCOM) without subtitles.
2. I read the subtitles (you can download them from the Internet).
3. I watch the episode again with subtitles on.
4. I watch it one last time, with subtitles on and making pauses to copy and search the meaning of unknown words. I also write the sentence where it appears (so I have the word used in a context).
5. Some days later I review the vocabulary/meaning/sentences.