Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for 2 weeks, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Tricks to imrpove vocabulary while watching tv
Here's what I sometimes do:
1. I watch an episode (maybe a SITCOM) without subtitles.
2. I read the subtitles (you can download them from the Internet).
3. I watch the episode again with subtitles on.
4. I watch it one last time, with subtitles on and making pauses to copy and search the meaning of unknown words. I also write the sentence where it appears (so I have the word used in a context).
5. Some days later I review the vocabulary/meaning/sentences.