Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

LEON LEAGUE

RemaRema Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
LEON LEAGUE is created!
Here you can compete with the other members of the Learn English Online Network, check your manager skills and have a nice time with your friends from the forum.
It doesn't require a lot of time for playing, all is for free so...
I think that is worth a try.

If you are interested here are some instructions for beginning:
1.) create an account on the Fantasy Premier League
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

2.) choose your squad- the best 15 players on your choice or you can choose option-auto pick(it will choose 15 players instead of you),

3.) join to our LEON LEAGUE
Here is the code: 285756-382088

Feel free to ask if you have some difficulties in creation an account or whatever you want in relation to this game.

Very important thing:
Deadline:
13. August 11:30(British time)- until then you need to create your team and to join to our league

I hope to see you there.

May the best man win B)

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I will explore more about it! I think you will have to extend this deadline.:)
  • RemaRema Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not possible @Bubbly , because the first game will start just one hour after that deadline and it's not up to me, because they(Fantasy Premier League ) decided about it.
    Anyway, there is a enough time for it, if you find something difficult to understand feel free to ask ;)
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks @Rema. Could you give to those that are absolutely clumsy beginner about football (like me) any indications?

How does the championship work?
    I'll be part of a squad with you and other LEO members or I'll "have" my own squad? What's the Leon League? A group of teams?

I started creating an account. I don't have any problem with my personal details :D, but in the second step they ask me to choose "your favourite club". Which of those teams are my favourite? I have no idea.

Be patient with me. Football throws me for a loop
    You're welcome @Paola :)

Here are the most common questions about the game:
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

LEON stands for Learn English Online Network and LEON league is created for the members of our forum.
    We will play individually, one against each other within LEON league and competition consists of 38 gameweeks during the whole 2016/17. Premier League Season.
    For each gameweek we can find some modus for giving rewards for the best competitor :/

I would love to see you supporting West Ham, but it's up to you ;)
    @Rema, it seems we both are in the LEON League. :)
    @torellip you made it ;)
    @Rema I have been telling to my husband for 15 years that I don't want to listen a single word about football....now I have to find the way to explain him why I'm playing in the Fantasy Premier League :D I don't want to burst his bubble.
    No worries @torellip , he will get his feet under the table as soon as he hears news ;)
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    torellip said:

@Rema I have been telling to my husband for 15 years that I don't want to listen a single word about football....now I have to find the way to explain him why I'm playing in the Fantasy Premier League :D I don't want to burst his bubble.

You're great, He is going to understand you. :) :)
    OK. Let me first check it. :)
    Rema said:

It's not possible @Bubbly , because the first game will start just one hour after that deadline and it's not up to me, because they(Fantasy Premier League ) decided about it.
    Anyway, there is a enough time for it, if you find something difficult to understand feel free to ask ;)

Football! that is a news for me! I am a bit reluctant like Paola but I hope that I will enjoy it a lot. :)
    @Rema I am not getting it. What is the next step after signing in?
    I'm already created my team @Rema @torellip , I'm look forward to join the league
    Wow LEON League it's private league, I look forward to playing with you guys :)
    @Bubbly Next step is creating your team, and after it is joining the league with the code ;)
    @peaceculture2 has just joined the league, maybe you could say some words to @Bubbly about next step after signing in :/
    I want to play @Rema I'm excited
    @peaceculture2 take the mic. ;)
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for the Mic
    Bubbly said:

@Rema I am not getting it. What is the next step after signing in?

Rema said:

@Bubbly Next step is creating your team, and after it is joining the league with the code ;)
    @peaceculture2 has just joined the league, maybe you could say some words to @Bubbly about next step after signing in :/

Yeah the next step is to create team you can choose players on the right side by clicking on the player name
    edited August 2016
    Yes @peaceculture2 ;)

@Bubbly Also, there is an option(if you haven't enough time) 'AUTO PICK' which will do it instead of you.
    You can find this option above the picture of your team, next to the card 'RESET'
    I didn't choose auto pick since I wanted to select my favorite players

Like Sanchez, Mahrez, Vardy, Bellern......

I failed to select Payet since he was too costfully
    @Rema
    edited August 2016
    @Rema @peaceculture2 I am sorry! I am there but no option to select a player. I will try it in the evening once again.
    Can I make a point here? @Bubbly procede with "auto pick". All the players on the list are strangers.
    Please, @rema and @peaceculture2 share with us some basic words we need to know in order to understand and discuss about football. I found some pictures, but I have no idea in Italian too. If you agree, next Sunday I can arrange a vocabulary challange using this words, but I need your co-hosting. Could I have your input here?

@peaceculture2 the problem is that my husband could start to talk with me about football "after 15 years of silence". I could say that I'm able to discuss about football only in English. This could deter him....
    Absolutely @torellip
    torellip said:

@peaceculture2 the problem is that my husband could start to talk with me about football "after 15 years of silence". I could say that I'm able to discuss about football only in English. This could deter him....

It seems to me that nothing is impossible, when you start to speak with him about football automatically the mood will change, Because I know he likes football. Okay by the way you're required to know some guidelines about football hence you will be free to speak out. 3P to be considered (Patience, Passion with Peaceful mind) :)
    @Bubbly see you later on the League
    @peaceculture2 ...I'll follow your suggestion, but I miss one P. Guess what?
    @torellip thank you indeed.

@peaceculture2 @Rema I am here right now. :) What's next!?

@Bubbly go to league tab
    torellip said:

@peaceculture2 ...I'll follow your suggestion, but I miss one P. Guess what?

Yeah, sorry are 4'p

Passion
    Patience
    Peaceful Mind
    Paola