Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Did you have a dream last night?

sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
edited April 4 in Myths and Legends
I created this after having a bad in last evening.I thought if we can say it somewhere it is good to our minds.so say you bad dreams or good dreams here and get a fun or try be relieve.
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember dreams if I have any! :(
  • sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
    @Bubbly,I also don`t remember dreams sometimes.But most of time I remember them.
    @sammani can you share a good dream with us?
    @Bubbly,why not.but last night I didn`t have a dream.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,751 mod
    I think I dream every night @sammani. The main problem is remembering it for more than the first few minutes after waking up. It just seems to slip away!
    @mheredge,It is big problem for some people.I also don`t remember some times dreams.
  • LaszloMarkLaszloMark Posts: 89 ✭✭
    I have a bad dream last night. Radical Islamic people shooting many innocent human in my dream. It was horrible to saw how they dying.
    But i usually remember my dream for a couple of minutes, then i forget all of it. But sometimes i remember them for long time, if it was contain more feelings. And i could control my dream once or twice. It was very interesting, and uplifting... because i could fly :)
    I remember my flying dreams @LaszloMark, though I only had these when I was a kid. I also remember a nasty dream I had when I was very young, where we were visiting a zoo and a tiger bit off my sister's hand! But usually, like you @sammani. I only remember the dream for a few minutes. I suppose if I were to write down some notes as soon as I wake up, then I might be able to hang on to the dream longer.
    @mheredge @sammani Do you give any importance what you see in your dream? Or do you think dream can predict future, or show us the past? Or do you ever use dream dictionary to interpret your dream?

Yes, if you write your dream down after you wake up, you will remember it longer. I tried once this, and works very well.
    @LaszloMark,Actually I don`t think that dreams are very important,But as you said it can show us past or future.My mom always say some dreams has a great meaning about future.yeah we can predict future but not always.keep it in your mind.
    I don't attach any significance to my dreams @sammani though I know that they are a reflection of the subconscious. They are usually about some aspect of something I'm thinking about or experienced. I'm pretty certain that they don't predict the future. At least not for me.
    @mheredge,you know ,here our countrymen believe in dreams in some cases of our life like death.
    I had a friend once dream she had died @sammani. I think she was very relieved to find it was only a dream.
    @sammani Yes, i don't think so. And never experience such thing. But lot of people believe it in my country. Like, if you dream with dead people, it means the weather will change / severe weather will come.
    But, when i met with my (now) ex girlfriend, i dreamt that she chasing me with an axe... We was together for five years.
    @mheredge years back I dreamt about a graveyard and after that I didn't sleep for two days.
  • CamvelCamvel Posts: 65 ✭✭
    @prateek @Paulette @mheredge
    My dreams are always crazy. The last night, I dreamed that a burglar broke into my house by the bathroom window, with help of my brother. It's totally mad !
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    @Camvel LOL :D

Really ? with the help of your brother. Why do all the sisters think that their brothers are mad?
    My cousins also think that I am insane.
    I don't know @prateek. I just think that when I sleep, it's me who's crazywoman !
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    No @Camvel you are Supergirl, believe me ;)
    edited March 5
    It's very kind @prateek ;) But, so we are two to be super !