Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

how to improve your language ? how to speak English very well?

KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
seven rules will help you to speak and learn English
1-phrasal verbs not individual words and phrasal easy to remember group of words and you learn grammar also and get a lot of information and your grammar will improve .
2-do not study grammar rules all the time ,why you can't speak English automatically easy right now ?why not ? you study for years just grammar and when you write you have long time but when you speak you don't have enough time ,the best way to learn grammar read easy novels and listening again and again goodbye grammar books yahhh.
3-not with with your ears not your eyes listening the most interesting can do ,text books learn with your eyes like at school you can't speak native like native speaker because native speaker not study by eyes just interested in ears long time ,yes read useful but you need to make two things listening and reading best way listening ,listening ,listening
4- learn deeply repeating again and again many time and some mistakes came from schools and class study grammar all the time and make students speak slowly and you need to listening and repeat one time not enough .
5-how to learn English grammar without grammar rules ?like short story in the past for example there was a boy named peter, yesterday he went to the story , he put a bottled of water he payed two dollar for the water .
don't think about grammar all the time just listening and try understand and listen another story and try understand .
6-use real English material you should read easy English and novel and don't read text books you should listening easy English you want to enjoy not text books audio books so good more than text books boring .
7-how to speak quickly ? listening some stories and answer some question @bubbly
listen and repeat not good but listening and and answer question good way and you teach yourself to understand .

Comments

• rierie Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Nice post @Khalied :)
    But grammar can help for the IELTS test. hahahaha which i really weak in it.

In addition, i would like to give some advice from my friends who are expert in English. Some of them like to read English Novel since they on elementary school, some of them like listening to the music and watch TV series, some of them like to practice English with others and the result was amazing for them. Everyone have their methods to choose which are visually, auditory, or practically. Choose the way which are suitable for your personalities. I do prefer learn English practically.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Practice matters a lot Khalied. :)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rie grammar so useful but when you study grammar all the time you will lost skill speaking and I want to speak about wrong ways happened with me and not useful save words alone and don't care about text and study grammar every day and neglected speaking.
    I asked my teacher question at school can I speak English? my teacher replied you can't speak English just you study here rules about grammar and some words and that's not enough to speak English because language in text books not like native language
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khalied, and have fun with friends in using English, like talking to you :smiley:
    @Khalied couldn't agree more :)

the best way is forced to speak :D
    @Bubbly listening and speaking my favorites skills and I prefer to listen short stories first sight I listened to short stories and songs I can't understand easy with listening again and again and I can understand better than first
    @Shiny03 :D I know to speak English better than to write because when you write you can spend more time to write but when you speak you don't have enough time and someone wait you and I think practice and speaking more will help all learners
    OK, I am ready. Are you going to talk with me? :smiley:
    @Shiny03 I think we have two sessions today but I can't join because my problem with skype still
    Oh, What a pity! But, to be honest, I am drowsy now. I've got to go to bed.. :sleeping:
    @Shiny03 :) I have habit to listen short story before sleeping time .
    Agree with @Shiny03 too,
    I think too long when replies the comments. So i need more time to post it :(
    But i believe when i practice it everyday, it will shortest my time writing the comment hihi
    @Khalied listening skills improve your accent and help you to increase your vocabulary as well.

@rie determination is the key to learn this language fast. :)
    @rie :D I think you need more time to writing with practice you can better but you need to speak stay active here to get extra star to join on the skype
    @Bubbly indeed! :)
    @Khalied that is why i post comment in every forum hahaha, i realy want to practice speaking :)
    Thank you so much for the help @Bubbly and @Khalied
    i really appreciate it :D
    @Bubbly I agree with you because @rie agree with you :D
    listening best way and you need more time first when you wake up when you sleep for two weeks first .
    @rie make it your habit otherwise you will forget soon. :)
    @Khalied @Bubbly i'm trying to make it habit when i found this LEO. It makes me excited. maybe tomorrow when i wake up in the morning, the first thing that i will do is open this LEO hahahaha (*please don't think me as a freak hahaha)
    @rie but don't forget to take proper rest! :)
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭✭
    you all are amazing..!looks like you all know each other very well!
    @Bubbly @rie@khalied@shiny03.is it?
    @mohit_singh Well, then join us, fella:)
    @mohit_singh all friends here so lovely and friendly
    @mohit_singh everyone is friendly here. We learn and enjoy together. :)
    I'm a newbie here @mohit_singh
    but everyone are friendly even though we never see each other in the real world. hihi
    Thanks to all of you guys :)
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestion @Khalied. I partially agree with you. I think we have to practise writing, listening and speaking to the same extent, and expecially that one that is more difficult to us. At the same time we should study grammar as well. Probably my opinion is related to my habits. I have been spending all my life studying and I can't imagine an other way to learn something.
    The motivation and the determination are the key-points, not only to learn a language and the more you have fun practising the more you learn.
    By the way, have you changed your nickname on the forum? Is it @gomaa still valid?
    @torellip I want to say practice writing all the time and don't listening not good way . because I studied six years writing all the time and focus grammar but I arrived at university my professor said to me your writing very well and spelling but you have problem to speak and ask me to repeat every lecture not alone me and all students .
    I want to say good thing here @Bubbly made group about short story and I prefer this Idea because I took one story every year at school but I want her to make questions about story @Lynne I think that's good Idea ask and answer make all people earn information and understand everything about story . @torellip @gomaa and @Khalied @211988 same person but I USE ONE user khalied :)
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭✭
    I will love to join you all!Thanks for the invitation!
    @mohit_singh you're welcome