Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

verbs of movements (hands)

KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
read the definitions and write the verbs don't forget to use these words(clap-flick-hold hands -knock-pinch-point- scratch- shake hands -squeeze -stroke -tickle- wave )
1- to make something small and light go through the air with a quick movement of your hand ,a whip atc.........
2- to hit your hand together several times to show you enjoyed something or approve of something ............
3-to hit a door or window with your hand in order to attract someone's attention............
4-to press part of someone's flesh tightly between your finger and thumb.............
5-to move your hand gently over something ...........
@Bubbly @mheredge @Lynne @navidafrasiabian

Comments

• JezzdavidJezzdavid Posts: 30 ✭✭
    1. Swat
    2. Clap
    3. Knock
    4. Pinch
    5. Stroke .
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,403 mod
    A few more words @Khalied, @Jezzdavid:

Wring
    Clench
    Fondle
    Caress
    Strike
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to learn it too.:)

Wring: screw, twist, pinch, tweak, wrest
    Clench: grip, clinch
    Fondle: pet, pat, grope
    Caress: fondle, nuzzle, touch
    Strike: bang, beat, hit, bash, wallop, slap, smack, punch
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,050 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    1- To make something small and light go through the air with a quick movement of your hand ,a whip atc
    Answer: wring, squeeze, screw, scrunch, knead, press, mangle, dry, squeeze dry, screw the water out of

2- To hit your hand together several times to show you enjoyed something or approve of something.
    Answer: clench, press together, clamp together, close tightly, shut tightly

3-To hit a door or window with your hand in order to attract someone's attention.
    Answer: fondle, stroke, pat, pet, pull, finger, touch, tickle, twiddle, play with, massage, knead.

4-To press part of someone's flesh tightly between your finger and thumb.
    Answer: caress, touch, fondle, brush, skim, pet, pat, nuzzle, kiss

5-To move your hand gently over something.
    Answer: strike, bang, beat, hit, pound
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Khalied Want me to slap you, punch you or grab your ass? haha

@Shiny03 I remember situation between two girls speak about me
    Dena and safee
    safee; I need all lectures
    Dena; you need to ask khalied but I think that's impossible to give you anything because I asked before but HE refused

I refused all year to give anyone lectures because I practice hard work with my supervisor but in the end my professor asked me to give students all lectures and she will give me high marks :)
    finally I agreed

What are the lectures you mentioned above?
    @Shiny03 lectures about social workers and activities with students at school and make prize for talent students like visit library and report about everything and meet a lot of people responsible for big organization like help blind people and introduce help and check divorce women and try to know reason divorce and try to make solution all the time I prefer to speak about children between parents so useful all these things in lectures
  • sohnisohni Posts: 42 ✭✭
    1.squeeze 2.clap hands 3.knock 4.pinch 5.wave
    @Bubbly @mheredge @Shiny03 @Jezzdavid @sohni that's my answer

read the definitions and write the verbs don't forget to use these words(clap-flick-hold hands -knock-pinch-point- scratch- shake hands -squeeze -stroke -tickle- wave )
    1- to make something small and light go through the air with a quick movement of your hand ,a whip atc.(.flick.)......
    2- to hit your hand together several times to show you enjoyed something or approve of something (.clap)...........
    3-to hit a door or window with your hand in order to attract someone's attention....(knock.).......
    4-to press part of someone's flesh tightly between your finger and thumb..(.pinch.).........
    5-to move your hand gently over something ...(.point )
    OK got it thanks give some verbs
    @ khalied
    But with point it comes in my mind something with finger but u wrote hand
  • JezzdavidJezzdavid Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Great stuff
This discussion has been closed.