Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you recycle?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,767 mod
In my country, we are told that we have to recycle as much as possible to save the environment. I know that different countries have other guidelines, so could you tell me about yours?

We have a bin for garden waste, one for cardboard, one for glass, one for paper and one for plastic.

What is the system like in your country?

Comments

• sammanisammani Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I am really sad to say this.In our country also we are told it.But most people don`t care about it.In some cities, people involve this.We are educated about recycling.But the act of country still poor in this case.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, no such system in our country. People throw garbage in open places from where poor young children gather papers and plastic and sell them at scrap shops. I have written a story on it years back in Urdu. This is least I can do on this issue.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,767 mod
    Bubbly said:

Sadly, no such system in our country. People throw garbage in open places from where poor young children gather papers and plastic and sell them at scrap shops. I have written a story on it years back in Urdu. This is least I can do on this issue.

That is such a shame, because doing that can really ruin a great environment. We should be doing everything that we can to save our planet, not destroy it!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    Britain is really late in recycling and separating waste @GemmaRowlands. I remember that Germany was already doing this forty years ago! Now I think most countries are doing it (in Ecuador and Colombia there are recycling bins everywhere).
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,767 mod
    mheredge said:

Britain is really late in recycling and separating waste @GemmaRowlands. I remember that Germany was already doing this forty years ago! Now I think most countries are doing it (in Ecuador and Colombia there are recycling bins everywhere).

Yes I can believe that this is the case, we are only now starting to make moves with regards to sorting our country out in this respect!