Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

It's possible?

WallchsWallchs Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in A Question of English
Would possible learn english like a mother languange? Same later learn a other languange?

----------------------
Is it possible to learn to speak English as if it's your mother language, and then later learn another language?
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• sergio_rocersergio_rocer Posts: 8
    I think that if we didn't learn a second language when we were childrens. After that is very dificult lo learn a second languaje like a mother language....
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I was also in search of this question. But, then I talked to few Pakistanis who live in UK and speak like Brits. They speak their mother tongue as well but it doesn't influence their English as a foreign language.

It is all about practice and environment. If you are living in a country where you find only native speakers around, you will automatically adopt the accent as your mind starts accepting it by listening again and again. But, if you are living in a country where you don't find English speakers around, then it is a big deal. But, still it is possible.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,914 mod
    In Darjeeling they speak English far better than most native speakers @Lynne. The schools there actually teach English grammar too!
  • cebusalesmentorcebusalesmentor Posts: 4
    It is very possible.i believe I speak English better than my mother tongue.i know it sounds unlikely, but I am living in a place now where I hardly get to speak my own language. So I speak the language of this place. And then I go to work where I speak English everyday. I work in a call center. English is my 3rd language. I hope that answers the question.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,914 mod
    What other languages do you speak @cebusalesmentor?
  • sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
    I speak English.But not so fast.but it is okay.cos people can get me.that`s enough me.but I try to improve my accents.
  • nguyenvanthanhvtnguyenvanthanhvt Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I learned english since I were 14. It was late to learn. Now i have 02 children and I am looking for some application to teach them since they 2 years old. Could you advise?
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭
    I want to learn to speak and read English like a native. I've been trying to imitate their pronunciations and intimations for years but I still stumble even on a simple passage, and it sounds different from the native English speakers. It makes want to give up all the time, but then I gather myself up and start working on my English again.