Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is a typical drink from your town?

2»

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge we are basically tea lovers. In every house, people regularly take tea not only in the breakfast and in the evening as well. I know few families in the neighbours who drink tea after dinner. I don't know how do they get sleep after that.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,139 mod
    @Khalied when do you drink tea? Is this more typical at breakfast or any time of day?
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to drink mix of tea and milk every morning, this plant came from England to Egypt and being so popular special smokers prefer to drink cigarette and tea same time to make good mood, I prefer to drink black tea after dinner if you eat fish already you need tea, Nowadays I read some articles about drink tea after eat directly not healthy you need to wait an hour then drink tea and I do that now
    @Khalied I read one article that says we shouldn't drink tea immediately after taking a meal. But, we take tea in the breakfast daily along with paratha and curry. It doesn't make any difference.
    @Bubbly yes, I agree with you but I prefer to drink mix of milk and tea so healthy for me and give me power that's habits came from my grandfather ask me to drink milk every day for good power and I prefer milk came from buffalo
    @Khalied yes we also use fresh milk especially for tea. The traditional of tea in the morning is quite old everywhere. Now, people also replaced it with green tea that is good for health.
    @Bubbly yes green tea healthy but not available in my country so famous in Libya @Just-Learn
    black tea so famous here and good for health like tea with lemon medicine for stomach
    @Khalied I usually add lemon in the green tea as it makes its taste better.
    @Bubbly anise so good also for health and power voice
  • zaiymurszaiymurs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    Pulled tea a.k.a Tehtarik.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,123 mod
    edited February 2017
    @takafromtokyo @pelouche @Michouxe

The typical drink of my town is "Rodenbach" beer is a dark brown beer with a spicy flavour. The old brewery can be visited by the public. During folk events there are special woden barrels with beer in it in the city where every resident can drink a glass.

Post edited by Paulette on
  • CamvelCamvel Posts: 65 ✭✭
    For me, it's the cider, pick up in my region by farmers.
    @Paulette I adore Belgium beer.

220px-Rodenbach_ale.jpg

It seems a new artisan brewery has opened up nearby in Nice (http://brasserie-nice.com) that I should check out.

However here wine is the favourite tipple and there are even vineyards in the outer edges of Nice where wine is produced.

edited February 2017
    @mheredge I'm not a chauvinist, but the beer of my city is the best in the world. I love the spicy dark foamy beer, especially the type "Grand Cru". But I like also a very good wine. Enjoy of the wine at the moment.
    edited February 2017
    I'm not a chauvinist, but the beer of my city is the best in the world. I love the spicy dark foamy beer, especially the type "Grand Cru".file:///C:/Users/pvand/AppData/Local/Temp/Rodenbach-Grand-Cru.jpg
  • Margreth59Margreth59 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I like real French dry cider but I live in the Netherlands. There are only a few shops where they sell it here
    Oh yes @Paulette, the beers of Belgium are so nice! I love tasting the different brews. You have every good reason to be very proud.

I'm excited to try the really excellent South African wines in the next few weeks. South Africans are justifiably proud of these too.
    Wine is the most typical drink made and driunk in Nice, France. Here in Franschoek, near Stellenbosch in South Africa it's the same. Wine has been produced here sine the 1690s by the French Hugenots who first settled here after the Dutch East India Company set up a trading port here.
  • catwoman85catwoman85 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    ESPRESSO, obviously .. ;)
    Can I guess that maybe you are from Italy @catwoman85?
  • catwoman85catwoman85 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Yes @mheredge , I am italian :blush:
    Where in bella Italia do you come from @catwoman? My great grandmother came from Napoli and moved to Britain in 1914!
  • ndeasisndeasis Posts: 8
    Here in the Philippines our day is not complete without a coffee. That is why there is a lot coffee shops here in our country.
    Here in the Cote d'Azur, in the south of France, I guess the most typical drink is rose wine. It is grown locally and in the hot summers, is very popular with ice.