Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is a typical drink from your town?

sukmaherawatisukmaherawati Posts: 20 ✭✭
In my town there are a lot of aloe vera plants is cultivated by farmers. Aloe vera is not only used as a material for beauty products, but also can be made in the basic ingredient for drink, tea, cracker, and candy.
Aloe vera drink is a refreshing drink, it takes a long time to make it. This drink is delicious when served with ice. :yum:
So, what is a typical drink from your city?

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    in malaysia most of the civis like coffee
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chanjacky Idon't hear about civis before can you explain to me steps to make it ?
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    sorry ,the correct word is civics
  • quanle89quanle89 Posts: 6
    WE DO LIKE STARBUCKS COFFEE :D
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    In Bogotá the local brew is called chicha and it's made from corn. It's similar to beer (but much cheaper) and very popular with the locals.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Hi everyone , I am a new member ,Dome from Milan ,Italy. In my country there are lots of delicious cocktail that the people take it during typical italian happy hour called " aperitivo" .
    Nowadays the most consumed drink is called spritz.Try it if you come! :D
  • IreneYehIreneYeh Posts: 18 ✭✭
    In Taiwan our typical drink will be "bubble milk tea"(Tapioca+Milk+Traditional brew tea)
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭✭
    In my town or i would say in whole northern part of the country(INDIA) "Lassi" is in the list of one of the best drink.
    What about chai @mohit_singh?
    Yes! @mheredge ! You are right. If Lassi is in the list then tea is on the top of the list.you are correct mheredge.I think tea is famous in whole India.I think it would be even much more popular in nepal.isn't it?
  • sammanisammani Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Here we plant tea and in our area is famous for tea plating.And our town most famous drink also tea.I am proud to say it.
    edited July 2016
    @domez ,Anyway I like Milan and Venice in Italy.
    Yes! @sammani you should be proud.Tea is not only popular in India and Srilanka but it is famous world wide.And you should be more proud when you know that probably 70 % of tea is been supplied by Asia to the world.And i think your country is also contributing a great on tea export.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tea and lemonade. :)
    Where do you come from @sammani? Tea from Darjeeling is lovely but I really like Ass am tea too.
    @mheredge,I from Sri Lanka.
    I like the tea from Sri Lanka @sammani. I visited the tea gardens there. It's a very beautiful part of the country.
    @mheredge,it is really nice to hear my dear.
    Colombia produces some of most outstanding coffee, though most of the good stuff is exported. I just saw a group of youngsters drink coffee, prepared with panela (sugar cane syrup) and cream. Too much of a coffee snob, I'm a purist who prefers it black without sugar!
  • AriemesAriemes Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Here in Italy I think that a very famous drink should be coffee (espresso).
    We are also the country which has so many good wines, indeed in my town we have several types of amazing wines. Ultil four years ago I produced my own wine in my grandfather's countryside.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    I'm from Viet Nam and if you were here you can buy a cup of sugar cane , coconut every where espeacially in summer. And milk tea from taiiwan or thailand is very famous too
  • sunpvmsunpvm Posts: 27 ✭✭
    In my town, Teruel, a small city in Spain, we produce some of the best iberic ham from all over the country. This ham is made by rubbing salt all over the surface of a raw pig's leg, then you let it dry in a cool and dry place. 18-24 months later, you have a delicious ham!!
    Oh @sunpvm! Iberic ham is soooooo good. This morning I bought mainly fish but I got a little bit of Spanish ham. It was supermarket stuff, so nothing compared to the 'real' mac, cut in slices from the animal's haunches. (I'm kicking my lips at the thought).
    Yes, @mheredge I totally agree with you about the supermarket stuff, but, as the popular saying says here in Spain: With good hunger, ther's no hard bread (but the saying losses all of its magic when translated) :neutral:
    Beggars can't be choosers @sunpvm. And they do say stale bread is more healthy.
    Beggars can't be choosers. Yes, I didn't remember that! That's quite good! @mheredge
    By the way, I'm not sure I mention other users OK, for your names don't appear in blue color in my screen. Is it enough just by wrting @ and the name of the user?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    These days we have a fresh drink of sugarcane in our city. It is really delicious. :)

• dopedope Posts: 94 ✭✭
    it is water of course ))))))))))))))
    Italians are very fond of coffee. Bu they tend to drink it short and very strong. They laugh at me when I fill a 6-cup pot but I am not drinking more coffee, just more water in my coffee!
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in Egypt tea+ milk and I want to say tea so popular in Egypt every place more than coffee.
    lemon juice so popular in my country and juice mix milk and banana