Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Tell us the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you!

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,727 mod
I would like to hear a short story about the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you.

This is posted in the "Your Writing" forum, meaning that I want to see beautiful and exciting descriptions, and captivating stories about things that have happened in the past.

I will be correcting these posts as and when they come in, and I very much look forward to reading them.

So, if you have been looking for something to get your teeth into, perhaps this little challenge will be just the thing that you!

Enjoy, happy story-telling!

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    One of the most exciting things that happened to me was to go hang gliding and to be hovering in a thermal, immediately above an eagle that was hovering in the same thermal. It seemed to be only a few meters below and it was a most incredible and exhilarating experience.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    It happened last month. I'd got 4 tickets to my favourite singer's programme and I am so excited. Me, my husband and my two other friends went for the programme. When I saw my favourite singer very close on the stage, I cried. I can't express my feelings by words. I also got the opportunity to take a photo with her. I couldn't even believe it's happened!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    mheredge said:

One of the most exciting things that happened to me was to go hang gliding and to be hovering in a thermal, immediately above an eagle that was hovering in the same thermal. It seemed to be only a few meters below and it was a most incredible and exhilarating experience.

Wow that sounds like it was an absolutely wonderful experience for you!
    Daliya said:

It happened last month. I'd got 4 tickets to my favourite singer's show and I am so excited. Me, my husband and my two other friends went to the show. When I saw my favourite singer very close on the stage, I cried. I can't express my feelings with words. I also got the opportunity to take a photo with her. I couldn't even believe it'd happened!

That sounds like an incredible experience! I have corrected your post, and put the changes in bold so that it's easy for you to see :).
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Thanks for the correction @GemmaRowlands.
This discussion has been closed.