Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Unliking someone

hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
Do you ever feel to unliking someone without any particular reason? I have, it feels uncomfortable and every thing that she or he do always wrong in my opinion. Sometime he or she is really annoyed me and i'm sick of her or his existence. So how about you guys , do you have that feeling too?

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,898 mod
    Sometimes I start to dislike people who I liked in the past, yes. But I always give people a chance to be my friend, and then only dislike them when they do something to hurt me.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,098 mod
    When you say 'unliking' someone @hraulia, are you referring to Facebook? There you can 'unlike' someone so that you don't see anything they post on Facebook, nor will they see anything you want to share with your friends.

Or do you mean 'dislike'? If I dislike a person, I try not to have to spend time in their company, but I try not to let it show too much that I don't like them.
  • hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
    i mean dislike , sorry its confusing me too
    Think of 'un' in the sense of undo @hraulia.
  • MahkameMahkame Posts: 56 ✭✭
    If I don't like someone I have to analyse him or her first to see if it is worth to continue the relationship or not. Sometimes you need to stay and be silent . Other times if you see that it is hard to communicate you have to leave ,the negative energy that I usually recieve it is not tolerated and I have to cut the family or friendship relations .
    I agree @Mahkame. I try to give people a chance, as first impressions sometimes can be misleading.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
    I have this feeling for a boy in my drawing class.Actually when he talks me,I really get anger without any reason.I try to get rid from this feeling.But I can`t help getting anger on this boy.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @sammani talk to him again without giving any justification. You will feel relaxed after it. :)
    @Bubbly,Oh no .I can`t.Because I try to evade from him.Even though he needs to talk me.
    @sammani go for it once. You need to gather some courage. :)
    @Bubbly,Let`s see ,But as I know my self I won`t .
    My tea is cold now because I was working on a report. I don't like to drink tea when it gets cold.
    @mheredge what do we call the thin layer on tea? Milk skin?
    Yes, a skin has formed on your tea @Bubbly. I should make myself something to drink as I've only had a couple of mugs of coffee so far today.