Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

My dream trip

hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
i love to travelling, eventhough i just went to cities around my country. i've never been to go abroad, Hopefully someday :) . my dream country to visit is US and also Paris. so what do you think the best place in your country which i could visiting in the future?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,124 mod
    My dream trip last Saturday involved visiting a coffee plantation in the Colombian mountains.
  • salimasalima Posts: 1
    One of my biggest dreams is to travel the world in a Van . I find myself in nature. It allows me to disconnect from all the negativity. I don't travel too much but when I do, I feel a great peace , I admire every little thing.
    The great thing about travelling is trying new things , having new experiences, having new friends, sharing ...
    This is by traveling that we now the beepest treasures of our souls
  • MahkameMahkame Posts: 56 ✭✭
    One of my dream trips is to go to the equater and see and explore all types of insects with my entomologist friends , husband and children .
    I have stood at the equator in Kenya once @Mahkame. But it looks like any other place. Why do you want to visit what is really just an invisible line?
  • MahkameMahkame Posts: 56 ✭✭
    mheredge because they are many jungles there which I would like to explore and see the insects .
  • hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
    i live in the equator area which is the weather is kinda hot in here. but i'm used to it @Mahkame
  • randinrandin Posts: 7
    I really really want to go to Florida one day! I'm surfing the Internet and I want to go to Disney World and Fort Myers, then head further South to the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_West stopping by at sabbiabeachcondos.com/location/sabbia-beach-location-map/ and heaving summer for my normal very dark winter!!!!
    Where do you live @hraulia? Are you from the northern or southern hemisphere? Next week I'm going to Quito which is close to the equator, but not at all hot!
  • NalsurNalsur Posts: 19 ✭✭
    One day I will drive through the German Alpine Road (Alpenstrasse) that is about 280 miles in length. There are a lot of interesting places to see on the route. Such as beautiful valleys and mountains, some castles, villages and lakes. You can stop in some places for hiking or cycling.
    I'm going to spend a few days camping in the Amazon jungle next week. This should be a fascinating trip and something I'm very excited to be doing.
  • eysaneysan Posts: 80 ✭✭
    hello my friends . my big dream trip came true. I visited Saudia Arabia for umrah. It was very nice trip. I have experienced . I went in there on June. I stayed for 15 days , you know Kaaba where is holly place for Muslim People . I saw all the Muslim country People who are black and white skin.They were different..
    Kana @eysan? Is this another name for Mecca?
  • eysaneysan Posts: 80 ✭✭
    yes my friend mheredge
  • Domi_nikaDomi_nika Posts: 3
    Hi ! One of my bigest travel dream is to visit Georgia. Have you ever been there?
    Do you mean Georgia in Europe or in the US @Domi_nika? I visited the European Georgia many years ago and loved it. my friend Tim Burford writes a guide book to Georgia for Bradt and has to go back every couple of years to update it.
  • Domi_nikaDomi_nika Posts: 3
    I mean that Georgia in Europe @mheredge
    So your friend is very lucky ! My boyfrend visited Georia,
    he showed me a lot of pictures and I fell in love with these views. I have to visit this country especially that tickets to Georgia from Poland aren't expensive.
  • IvanGangaIvanGanga Posts: 22 ✭✭
    My dream trip is one all around the world. It´ll be nice to have little stop in different places. Selected by places of historical interest and also beaches where I could surf.
    I'm happy travelling to places where I can a bit of time to soak up the atmosphere. I'm not so keen to visit lots of places in a short period of time. It's too tiring and I don't think that it's easy to get to understand much about the country if you're on the move all the time.
  • ChronozixChronozix Posts: 23 ✭✭
    My dream trip is to go to New-Zealand. I've been hyped up by the Lord of the Rings' trilogy, and now I want to see every landscapes of this beautiful country. I'm planning on living there when I'm older, to have a peaceful property there.
  • ChronozixChronozix Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @mheredge I just have a little question. You seem to have travelled / travel a lot, are you doing it because of your job ?
    @Chronozix I think it's more the travel gene! (http://learn-english-forum.org/discussion/comment/131261/#Comment_131261) and I have rarely had to travel for my job.

New Zealand is really lovely @Chronozix and the countryside is beautiful.
  • askermanaskerman Posts: 2
    To all my friends here i would like you all people to my wonderful country Pakistan.
    seriously guys you wont believe when you will see actual beauty of it , its culture and people
  • mayesmayomayesmayo Posts: 5
    My dream trip is to go to Japan. I love japanese culture <3
    @mayesmayo you have several friends here from Japan - @Shiny03, @takafromtokyo, @Yellowtail and maybe a few more. What do you like most about Japanese culture?
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,398 mod
    My dream trip to go to Canada and Alska I love this cold weather. When I feel depressed, I go to this website to see those amazing activities that I'll do it there. wow https://www.travelalaska.com

Recently one of vloggers I following his channel on Youtube did it and went to Canada this year, so thank you Jon Olsson, I can't describe my feeling while I'm watching those videos.

HELLO CANADA! | VLOG 263

CANADIAN POWDER DREAM! | VLOG 264

LIFE DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS! | VLOG 265

• quangkhai1289quangkhai1289 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    My dream is on a weekend with a ticket to join a match of Arsenal/England/Emirates <3
  • ShellyLealShellyLeal Posts: 33 ✭✭
    I'd love to visit Japan one day, after I finish college. Some of my friends are planning to travel for the Olympics in 2020 :smile:
    I'm toying with the idea of visiting the Galapagos Islands this summer. I love nature and I have heard this place is unique.

@ShellyLeal you should talk to @Shiny03 as she lives in Japan and could tell you more about what it's like there.
  • habbazhabbaz Posts: 17 ✭✭
    my dream is sleeping all the day.. :) just kidding..
    really I like to visit many places like Mecca, Istambul.. and many places here in our country (Morocco)
  • habbazhabbaz Posts: 17 ✭✭
    > @askerman said:
    > To all my friends here i would like you all people to my wonderful country Pakistan.
    > seriously guys you wont believe when you will see actual beauty of it , its culture and people

me too