Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for 2 weeks, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Languanges

hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Chit Chat
hi everyone, there are so many languages in this world and they all are absolutely amazing. my native languange is Indonesian but i study English now and when i was in high school i study french then when i was elementary school i study arabic. But from all those languanges just English that stuck in my head longer, i try to learn more but it was difficult. i want to know , what is other languanges you have mastered and which languange do you want to learn ?
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,513 mod
    I'm currently studying Spanish @hraulia. I went to classes in the evenings many years ago, but never had much opportunity to use what I learned and have forgotten a lot. Surprisingly it is coming back to me fairly easily though, but my pronunciation is dreadful!
  • AchaAcha Posts: 49 ✭✭
    my native tongue is malay ( by which, i speak indonesian too by extension :wink: ). i speak english, japanese, and some french. currently trying to learn javanese ( my grandparents are javanese, my dad knows how to speak it, but he wont tell me :/ ).
  • loscarloscar Posts: 2
    My native lenguage is spanish but i love english, all the time i am learning new word.
  • hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
    i try to learn a couple spanish phrases from youtube. i want to know more about spanish languange @mheredge @loscar
    so you are actually javanese but live in another country? is it Malaysia. i speak indonesian but also with malay dialect in my place @Acha
    @hraulia hahah sort of, and yeah in im a malaysian. i have mixed ancestry i guess. my mom's side is siamese, and me dad's is javanese, but yeah, any ethnic from nusantara is considered malay here, so im a malay :smile: .
    That's cool, so how about your English? its that good? can i practice with you? @Acha :D
    @hraulia i dunno about that, but i guess i can hold my own in a conversation. and sure, just hit me up on skype or anything.
    thats nice , may i have your skype please? :D @Acha
  • suzannesuzanne Posts: 13 ✭✭
    My native tongue is Chinese. But I live at Spain for a long time, so I usually use Spanish too. At the moment, I just want to improve my English and get at least the B2 Cambridge certificate.
  • FerFer Posts: 144 ✭✭
    My native language is Persian or Farsi , I am learning English and also I like to learn French.
  • chand_sonanichand_sonani Posts: 1
    Hello Buddies, I am chand sonani from karachi, Pakistani. My native language is Urdu but I can speak Urdu and Hindi too. I am here to learn English Language. Hope that I will learn a lot from you peoples :)
  • samssams Posts: 1
    Hello all.. my native language is Indonesian, i want to try learn english..
    :)