Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How is teenager in your own country?

hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
hi everyone , i just want to know your opinion about teenager in your country? like how they behave or what is being trend in their society :) thanks

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Very active, intelligent and more aware of their rights. :)
  • hrauliahraulia Posts: 39 ✭✭
    so where are you from? @Bubbly
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am from Pakistan.
    that is cool, you know a famous teenager from Pakistan? Malala yousafzai. she is such an amazing person and inspired me to do better in education and always be grateful for what i have
  • Adrian77Adrian77 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    In my country teenagers are crazy mainly in big cities they want everything in the easier way, they admire more a gangster than a hardworking person, they do not like to work and they start drinking, get pregnant and try drugs when they are 13 years old or even younger.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,848 mod
    In my country, teenagers do have a negative reputation, but I am sure that it is mostly unfair, as the majority of them work hard at school and in the community. I was always well behaved when I was a teenager.
    Some of teenager in my country do some bad things. even in my city, there is some teenager society who diverge and they feel they would be cool doing something bad. But , not some of them bad, there are so many have a great attitude and have ability to achive their dream. The issues of teenager nowadays in my place, they tend to be cool on social media and competing to be the most famous person, they don't care about their sorrounding. @GemmaRowlands @Adrian77
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,008 mod
    @Adrian77 you don't come from the UK by any chance? This sounds just like British teenagers (@GemmaRowlands is being too polite about the typical city youth of today!)