Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Listening to english made me fall a sleep

Can you show me the way to inhabit falling a sleep while practicing English?
I am studying ielts and listening is my weakest skill. Therefore, I try to practise often. However, I cannot win sleeping when I wear headphone. The more I pay attention, the more I fall a sleep. To avoid sleeping, I stop listening to english. I learn vocabulary instead of listening to english. Learning vocabulary made me inspire and avoid sleeping.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,145 mod
    Haha @RoseOZ, it sounds like you find listening to English boring, or if not, maybe you're tired and need more sleep. Do you fall asleep if you listen without headphones?
  • RoseOZRoseOZ Posts: 54 ✭✭
    @mheredge I fed up with listening to English, because I do not understand what video/ programme said. I do not know how much vocabulary is suffice. I self-study english.
  • AchaAcha Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    you're doing great tho, judging from your writing here. anyway, you probably don't the whole conversation because your ears aren't used to it yet, so its hard to map the sound over the exact word accurately.

just, watch some series, sitcoms with english subs. your brain's gonna be recognizing words in no time. plus, it adds to your vocab list too.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,917 mod
    Do you try listening to English when you're already tired? You should try listening to it in a bright and stimulating environment, when you're wide awake, and hopefully this should help you stay awake.
  • FelekRemoFelekRemo Posts: 9
    I remember that one of my professors at university adviced me to sleep while listening to English songes because lyrics in this way will inter the uncontiousness and this will gradually led to the improvement of my spoken English
  • MahkameMahkame Posts: 56 ✭✭
    when you don't know English , it likes you a blind person ,you are not able to communicate with people , find friends , explore and discover your surrondings
  • saharrsaharr Posts: 3
    Lol i even see dreams in english still not a fluent speaker
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,145 mod
    That's excellent @saharr. If you're dreaming in English, you've cracked it!
This discussion has been closed.