Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

You Don't Exist

pryfllwydpryfllwyd The AnthropocenePosts: 1,405 mod
edited June 2016 in Humour
Recently a certain someone told me that an acquaintance of hers on the net (indeed this very net) had questioned my very existence.

But as a scientist I can assure you all that I do not exist and neither do any of you.

Read more here: You don't exist

So yes, @aladdin this is my very non-self communicating with your own nihility :)
Post edited by pryfllwyd on

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,677 mod
    If I'm being honest, things like this really play with my head, and I can't get my mind around it. I don't really understand much about life, and why we're here, but whenever I start thinking about existence I panic a little bit!
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,726 mod
    I think Ken's a Buddhist @pryfllwyd. Mind you, after a thirteen hour flight I'm quite sure I'm just a delusion right now.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was in the university, we used to ask a lot of questions to one of our professor who was also a practitioner in the field of cognitive psychology. He used to call life an illusion. He says that after doing Ph.D in psychology, I came to know that I know nothing.
    Everything is temporary too @Bubbly. I think many people forget this.
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭
    When we talk about something like this first thing came in my mind is LIFE.
    We use to say I wanna live happy life but I use to say I want to be 'LIFE' . We have to forget it that nobody loves your body. People love your life even after death no body keeps body in their home they just keep your memories that is life.
    Might be I am not able to explain exactly what I mean but I am trying to throw some lights on it.
    Body or mind can be illusion but LIFE I am not quite sure about it in which way it is illusion.
    @mheredge yes and we are really running after an illusion that is a materialistic life.
    @abhishekb9099 life only exists because of humanity. If we are out of it, we are nothing.
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly Correct life exist because of humanity.....
    But don't you think level of humanity is declining No doubt its still there but somewhere its declining...
    @abhishekb9099 it cannot be ended as there are many people who still believe in it and practice it.
    People are to attached to things, including their own bodies. Maybe when they change their views on this, they will understand a bit better this idea of not existing.
    @mheredge it's more like this one.

So true @Bubbly.
  • pryfllwydpryfllwyd The AnthropocenePosts: 1,405 mod
    God save the Queen
    We mean it man
    There is no future
    And England's dreaming

1976 J.Lydon
    Where will Britain be in five years @pryfllwyd? Will Europe have to pull up the drawbridge on the swarm of British immigrants piling into boats to cross the Channel?
  • pryfllwydpryfllwyd The AnthropocenePosts: 1,405 mod
    doesn't really matter @mheredge - they don't exist
  • sohnisohni Posts: 42 ✭✭
    But I do exist....and I wouldn't how could I b a channel to give birth to a new life