Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

2016 #01 - Photo Fun

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 8,620 mod
edited May 2016 in Photo Fun
The first picture challenge this year.

Eco Bio 2016 (41)

Comments

• Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭
    Fun?! Not sure why? Could you please tell me? Thank you! :blush:
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,008 mod
    Is this a handy craft stall, maybe with objects made from wood or bamboo? It's not a very crowded place unless perhaps it's still early. All the same, three people look interested in the things for sale. I wonder where it was taken, only the guy with a basket - would a British man be carrying a basket like this @Lynne?

@Shiny03 what do you see in this picture?
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D old women with Bag ,
    women,one guy and carpenters' craft?! have no idea at all...

And, you have one British Batman and one British Spiderman there. It should be good,right?!
    (have no other image of a British man)
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭
    An exhibition was placed in a stadium. people were moving around looking at the displayed items . A man was interested with the wooden artworks presented on a stall decorated with green fabrics. he was carrying a flax woven handbag which probably belong to his wife or girlfriend, keeping up just behind him. A lady, who might be the owner of the stall, was looking at a piece of artwork closely, and she was busily decorating her stall to make it more attractive. There was another stall not far away in the picture, with "Chateau le Puy" being written on its banner. The winery were promoting their products by giving tryout for its potential customers.
    Very observant @chyijung. @Shiny03 I'm not sure if this was taken in the UK. I don't know if Batman or Spiderman are all that into craft fairs.
    @mheredge Kind of got it....I figured it out. lol Thank you!
    @chyijung You are incredible! :)
    I think the woman in the foreground has something on her mind, but she doesn't seem so interested in the stall.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,883 mod
    My first thought was Christmas. But the people there arenˋt wearing warm clothes. Well, it is a Messe as we would call it. A theme is given and lots and lots of companies, handy crafts are showing their new products.
    This is a stall among plenty of others.

In our biggest city there is a Messehalle where in spring and autumn prodacts get showed for audiance it can be a wine Messe, a beautiy Messe, a holiday Messe, and so on.

Maybe this was a handycraft messe @Hermine (I've learned a new word).
  • NesrineNesrine Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I believe the picture is for an open handcrafts exibiton. Did I get close to the right answer?
    edited August 2016
    @mheredge, I am wondering how would you descibe this kind if event? Mostly it lasts over a weekend.
    A craft bazaar or handicrafts market @Hermine.
    okay
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Art and craft place in the UK. :)
  • AnuradaAnurada Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Wooden craft exhibition but I am not sure.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is an exhibition because we can see stalls. :)
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    it's an exhibition of art, but what kind of art, I'm not certain. I think it's something created in wood and comes from abroad.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,338 mod
    What does the body language of the woman in front of the stall say. Looking at her legs she doesn't seem to walk (or it would be one of those silly walks). She doesn't seem to stand still relaxedly either. It rather seems that she's held op in her step. She graps her mouth with her right hand. Is there something happening in front of her?
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭
    This is superb@Frank, How could I didn't notice the person in the stall! I thought she was the owner of the stall in my previous post. Now I see she was talking to someone in grey cap.
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that she is @Lynne .
    But while reading all your comments,I get confused.