Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 74

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler TeacherPosts: 2,139 mod
Use the 3 words give in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun

dictionary
tax
sentry

Comments

• Lebron1111Lebron1111 Posts: 8
    edited June 2016
    the sentry was making sure that the tax required to touch the dictionary was being charged
    -----------------------------
    The sentry was making sure that the tax required to touch the dictionary was being charged.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In a meeting, the sentry shared the meaning of different types of tax with the help of a dictionary.
  • lifecnezlifecnez Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    the goverment charged extra tax policies on educational books such as dictionaries in order to supply sentries wages.
    ----------------------------------
    The government charged extra tax on educational books such as dictionaries, in order to supply the sentries wages.
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @lifecnez Nice!
    A sentry stands on a dictionary having 20% consumption tax on it with one foot for a training.
    ---------------------------
    For training, a sentry stands on one foot on a dictionary, which has a 20% consumption tax on it .
  • ScottScott Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    People stand on sentry in order to pass the proposal that dictionaries must be tax-free.
    --------------------------------
    People stand on sentry duty in order to pass the proposal that dictionaries must be tax-free.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,303 mod
    The sentry waved his dictionary of taxes at the people who didn't know what they were supposed to pay.
  • oscar0716oscar0716 Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    the sentry pay tax for his dictionary
    ------------------------
    The sentry had to pay tax for his dictionary.
    @oscar0716 Hi, keep joining us! :)
    @Lynne You are really creative genius!
  • Ger4rdoGer4rdo Posts: 26 ✭✭
    If you look in the dictionary the word sentry appears before the word tax
    @Ger4rdo Good! :) Let's practice more! :smile:
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,139 mod
    The sentry at Buckingham Palace looked and wondered how much of the tax he had paid on his dictionary went into the coffers there.
  • matteodilaurmatteodilaur Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    There were some sentries in front of the government place where the taxes are paid, I place near them and I asked them, helping me with an English dictionary, if they were here to shot me or to save me.
    ------------------
    There were some sentries in front of the government tax building so I went close to them and I asked them, with the help of an English dictionary, whether they were here to shoot me or to save me.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,699 mod
    edited July 2016
    When you play Scrabble, you can search for longer words like

in a Scrabble Dictionary

but sometimes shorter words like

give more points.

Post edited by Frank on
  • NalsurNalsur Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    According to the dictionary words "tax" and "sentry" have completely different meanings.
    ----------------------
    According to the dictionary, the words "tax" and "sentry" have completely different meanings.
  • AnuradaAnurada Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Sentry gets a chance to get tax free dictionary to enhance their vocabulary.
    -------------------------------
    The sentries get a chance to get a tax free dictionary to enhance their vocabulary.
  • Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The word tax never been in my dictionary, I had always evaded it. Now,it's not the case anymore, a special sentry is dedicated for that.
    The word tax has never been in my dictionary so I had always evaded it but now it's not the case anymore and I have a special sentry dedicated to that.
  • jennyhoangjennyhoang Posts: 5
    The sentry in front of the Buckingham Palace is looking for the word "tax" in his English-French dictionary
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,988 mod
    The sentry on duty was so stupid he couldnˋt look up the word tax in the German-English dicitionary.
  • moh15moh15 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The Sentry helped foreign children to learn English by discounting the taxes of dictionary 20% off
    ---------------------------
    The Sentry helped foreign children to learn English by discounting 20% off the tax for dictionaries.
  • nhatlinjnhatlinj Posts: 1
    The sentry is selling dictionaries in front of the tax building.
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 3,068 mod
    The Sentry had to pay tax for the dictionary he purchased in order to be a fictional superhero.

• nttbdrk25nttbdrk25 Posts: 4
    edited July 2016
    In the American army, the sentries is free tax to buy a dictionary in case of learning a new language.
    In the American army, the sentries can buy a dictionary free of tax in order to learn a new language.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The Buckingham Palace sentry slipped and fell on a manhole when he read a new definition of tax in a dictionary after Brexit. :)

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,139 mod
    Sentries all over England are desperately seeking a dictionary to explain the tax situation in the devolved areas.
This discussion has been closed.