Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

An Existence

icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
As human being, one need to be recognized of s/she’s existence, s/he want to be accepted in her/him milieu wherever s/he is. Some people think that it is important but others think do not care about all of this. For an acknowledgment they even are willing to turn themselves to be somebody else. If they change in positive senses so these are not a matter, but the change in self imposed as if they were not being to be themselves, this is a big question that need to be asked. Do we need to do thing like above?

I myself do not agree with these thought, because I think an admission does not need us to transform ourselves into something or someone that they want, so we have to put a mask on our face or wear costume that we do not want to. The admission is made by an our achievement that can be approved by them and the important thing is still be ourselves. It shows that we exist and we deserve to get for.

So, do you agree with me about it?How big we need a recognition from other?Please share your thoughts here so we can get a good value from this theme.

Comments

  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,606 mod
    icha_15 wrote: »
    As human being, one need to be recognized of s/she’s existence, s/he want to be accepted in her/him milieu wherever s/he is. Some people think that it is important but others think do not care about all of this. For an acknowledgment they even are willing to turn themselves to be somebody else. If they change in positive senses so these are not a matter, but the change in self imposed as if they were not being to be themselves, this is a big question that need to be asked. Do we need to do thing like above?

    I myself do not agree with these thought, because I think an admission does not need us to transform ourselves into something or someone that they want, so we have to put a mask on our face or wear costume that we do not want to. The admission is made by an our achievement that can be approved by them and the important thing is still be ourselves. It shows that we exist and we deserve to get for.

    So, do you agree with me about it?How big we need a recognition from other?Please share your thoughts here so we can get a good value from this theme.

    Awesome article my friend. I agree! Just be true to ourselves and let others see our uniqueness. ;)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,677 mod
    I think as human beings, we want to be recognised by other people, even if we don't want to admit it. A lot of our behaviour is based around how others see us, and we will change the way we behave to please the people who we love, even if we don't really see it.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,707 mod
    This is very true @Gemma Rowlands. All too often people are kind to feel good about themselves too, rather than to be giving unconditionally.
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    @kindgnice thanks for you compliment to my aticle. Actually ones need to be recignised by others as @GemmaRowlands said above. The differences one another related to their existence is grades.
    As long as we can keep walk on the track it is fine. My pointing out is we don't make harm to other in order to prove our existence or the other words is do things correctly and positively.
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    To @kindgnice , @GemmaRowlands and @mheredge thank you so much for your comment on my short article. I appreciate it highly and sorry for my belated replying..
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,606 mod
    You're always welcome @icha_15. We really miss you so much buddy! Yes, I do really believe and agree with you that existence of an individual should be accompanied with recognition, regardless
    of their personal achievements in life. Because these recognitions serve as their motivation to move forward in life. :innocent:
    Hope to see you more often my friend! God bless!
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,707 mod
    I think most people want to be recognised by others, and in particular seek acceptance. Anyone who doesn't or who can be seen as a loner is usually looked on as being a bit eccentric or odd.
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Hi @kindgnice : Oh I don’t think that I’ll be missed here hihi..how nice to hear that, thank you once again of your hospitality. Referring to your last sentence, I will try my dear friend. See you around. 
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    You are correct my dear friend @mheredge. Generally, we think like others thinking, though it is not always true. What you said lately was about personality of ones that absolutely would be different one another. So, we shouldn’t judge one that differs personality with us. Sometimes I enjoyed my solitude, I needed to spend my time only by myself or me time. I did it when I wanted to, I didn’t care about others think about me at the time as long as what I did not make a disadvantage for them.
    Thus I rejected my needs to be recognised by others hihihi…thanks for your replying.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,707 mod
    Even as a child at school @icha_15, I never wanted to necessarily follow the trend. I used to tell people my favourite music was Beethoven and not the Osmonds or Bay City Rollers who were all the rage and whose music I didn't really like much anyway.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,677 mod
    mheredge said:

    I think most people want to be recognised by others, and in particular seek acceptance. Anyone who doesn't or who can be seen as a loner is usually looked on as being a bit eccentric or odd.

    Yes, everyone always wants to be accepted, without a doubt. This is just in our human nature, and something that can't really be helped at all.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think recognition from others is a result of what and how you behave/perform. I may want appreciation but for that I will have to perform first. So, we usually focus too much on recognition, appreciation, acceptance, etc. that are basically the outcomes of our certain actions.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,707 mod
    But @Bubbly, how many times have you worked for someone where despite performing very well, the boss hasn't said anything or showed any appreciation of your good work? I think it happens a lot.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge who recognises you everytime in this era? May be somehow we earn it by doing either hardwork or smartwork!!
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    @Bubbly : Your sentences above is the gist from my theme. Yes ideally we could be recognised by others with our performances not only our presence.
    As @mheredge said, if this was implemented in our work place, our achievements ideally should be appreciated by other colleagues or the boss particularly because we have done it in the best attempting, regardless the result whether is bad or good.
    There are two possibilities in result of our efforts doing something, if the result is bad or far from expectation so I can say that as a human being, we have a needs to be appreciated by others for our trying, and the positive impact is it would boost the spirit of ours to be better in the next performing. What I said it was in ideal condition, sometimes the fact suggests different as we expect. You know what I meant here.
    And if the result is good or the other words is beyond the expectation so, our existence have recognized by others.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,707 mod
    I find by making sure I appreciate other people's efforts more, that this is a very good substitute for receiving approval all the time @icha_15. Especially when you work for yourself and don't have a boss or colleagues to pat you on the back, then who's going to say well done?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge I think you cannot get appreciation everytime from others. But, it doesn't mean that you stop doing your efforts. Your performance is more linked with your inner satisfaction that is more important in this case.
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    > @mheredge said:
    > I find by making sure I appreciate other people's efforts more, that this is a very good substitute for receiving approval all the time @icha_15. Especially when you work for yourself and don't have a boss or colleagues to pat you on the back, then who's going to say well done?
    Yes it is like satisfaction of ourselves about our target achievement, only ourself that can measure this contentment
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,707 mod
    Watching Suits, the American drama about corporate life, it is interesting how much value the characters are shown to give to receiving appreciation.
Sign In or Register to comment.