Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Year and New Year by Christina Rossetti

New Year met me somewhat sad:
Old Year left me tired,
Stripped of favourite things I had
Baulked of much desired:
Yet further on my road to-day
God willing, further on my way.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

News Round Up Reading Challenge

Comments

• aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,344 mod
    @zom I can see the link in your first comment, but ..... , whatever I added him to the list.
  • ZomZom Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it seems like Gomaa had a few problems while recording, but this should improve over time. Thank you for having added him to the ER newsreaders @aladdin. :smiley:

• BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @peaceculture2 this is the discussion about News Round up.
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Wow!! Thanks. I will participate on this @Bubbly
    @peaceculture2 I am looking forward to it. :)
    edited May 2016
    This week challenge: Recording yourself reading News Round Up #190.
    http://english-magazine.org/english-reading/english-news-round-up/4051-news-round-up-190

@Elle, @torellip, @kindgnice, @rupsil, @Shiny03, @Bubbly, @peaceculture2, anyone interested.
    If you do it, don't forget to post your link here. DJ @Aladdin will collect them some time on sunday.
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭
    I understand you @Zom and I'm interested to record , so I'm supposed to use spreaker right?
    Well done @Bubbly. You're in for next week News Round Up broadcast on ER. :D
    edited May 2016
    @peaceculture2

Spreaker is a good tool for this activity:
    - It's free.
    - You can either record directly or upload your recording there.
    - You can make it downlable for DJ Aladdin to collect it for ER.

That said feel free to use any tool you prefer as long as your recording remains downlable afterwards.

Looking forward to discovering your voice. ^-^
    Post edited by Zom on
    Excellent @rupsil. :D
  • rupsilrupsil Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Zom
    @Zom thanks. It is just because of your motivation. You are an excellent motivator. :)
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭
    Dear @Zom, I'll record news round up #190 and I'll post here on Sunday. I'm going to do it regularly (if I can't due to busy schedule at work I'll let you know it).
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,272 mod
    @rupsil wrote: »
    Hi guys. News Round Up #190 is available at

//www.spreaker.com/user/rupsil/news-round-up-190

It's necessary to mention that the format is based on the last track from @kindgnice .
    Thanks @kindgnice

Wow! I'm speechless. You truly did an amazing job my friend. I'm very happy and impressed listening your professional attack of reading the news. Excellent! Keep it up buddy. God bless you always. :innocent:
    Thanks Torellip. It's nice to count you among the regulars. :)
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭✭
    @rupsil Thank you for your contribution and excellent work :)
    Thanks @kindgnice but it is not a professional attack :) I used the records to check if Audacity is a good software.
    Thanks @Shiny03 . Very kind of you.
    edited May 2016
    @rupsil wrote: »
    Thanks @kindgnice but it is not a professional attack :) I used the records to check if Audacity is a good software.

Wow my friend, you're so humble. :)
    I agree, Audacity is one of the reliable tools when it comes to audio editings. ;)
    Honestly, the professional attack term was based from my honest observations after hearing the quality of your voice. ;)
    You're always welcome. :innocent:
    Post edited by kindgnice on
    @torellip Yaay! I am looking forward to hear your unique accent as I really like it. :)
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Bubbly. I listened to your recording on News Round up 190. It's perfect!! Why do you say that you don't have a good English accent?
    I have never realized how much strong my Italian accent is when I speak English, until I listened to my first recording. Sometimes it leads to a mispronounce and I'm not understood. I hope that read aloud regularly will improve my pronunciation.
    @torellip the beauty of LEN is that you will be given every platform to use openly for learning English. It takes self learning approach, where after sometime you start correcting your own mistakes.

Improve your pronunciation not your accent. Keep it very unique. :)
    edited May 2016
    Your accent is awesome @Torellip. ;)
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭✭
    @kindgnice You are really a hard worker! Thank you, but no singing this time?!
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,344 mod
    edited May 2016
    I have 5 now @torellip @kindgnice @Bubbly and @rupsil anyone else want to give a try
    @Elle, @Zom and @gomaa ?!
    @Shiny03 wrote: »
    @kindgnice You are really a hard worker! Thank you, but no singing this time?!

Sure my friend. I will tag you in my next recordings of my voice singing my fave songs. :)