Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for 2 weeks, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What are the few things you do first when you wake up ?

ThomasJudeThomasJude Posts: 98 ✭✭
We can go for jogging, listen to the music , read news paper , etc...etc. I prefer to start the day with a prayer and then have a tea/coffee next thing I will run for the news. I want to do some physical activities to keep at bay all kinds of life style diseases.But I feel tired when I wake up and hesitate to do exercise. I must find a solution and guys I hope you will share some ideas. @mehra926 @kindgnice @Bubbly @peaceculture2 .

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, I open my eyes when I wake up. ;)

Actually, my day starts with a morning walk that is now a habit. When I come back from a walk, I drink a cup of milk and get ready for the office. Sometimes, I read newspaper if available at that time. That's it.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,438 mod
    ThomasJude wrote: »
    We can go for jogging, listen to the music , read news paper , etc...etc. I prefer to start the day with a prayer and then have a tea/coffee next thing I will run for the news. I want to do some physical activities to keep at bay all kinds of life style diseases.But I feel tired when I wake up and hesitate to do exercise. I must find a solution and guys I hope you will share some ideas. @mehra926 @kindgnice @Bubbly @peaceculture2 .

I agree with you buddy @ThomasJude. Praying is an excellent start of praising God for giving g us another day to continue our battle in life. :)

In addition to that, I start my day by washing my face and taking a bath. Stretching is also a good way to freshen up mind and body. After that, take a sip of milk and eat my breakfast then prep up to go to work. ;)
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D :D Open my eyes when I wake up. It's inevitable :) lol @Bubbly
    Then Praying its vital before starting my day
  • dyep24dyep24 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    The First thing to do when i wake up is thanks to GOD for fiving me another day o my life then second.. Is to check my mobile phone.. Then get up and drink warm water.. Then exercise.. :smile:
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,463 mod
    As soon as I wake up at around 6am, I put the kettle on for a cup of coffee. While I'm waiting for the kettle to boil and while drinking my coffee, I usually check my emails. Then I jump in the shower, get dressing (usually) and spend an hour or so on the Forum.
  • ThomasJudeThomasJude Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Smiling is a healthy habit and it is also a good exercise to keep a healthy mind @dyep24
    @ThomasJude: I'll try to add that Smiling thing first day in morning. :)
    @ThomasJude: I'll try to add that Smiling thing first day in morning. :)
  • dyep24dyep24 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    @ThomasJude thanks.. :)
    Coffee, coffee, coffee. But not this morning :'(
    edited April 2016
    Smiles... :)
    Coffee lover @mheredge Have you heard of Civet coffee?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, I woke up after having a bad dream. So, I straight away went to the bathroom and washed my face in order to avoid the memories related to it. :)
    edited April 2016
    Wash up your mind with a nice song ...listen to Karaoke @Bubbly .
    I will hug my dog when I wake tomorrow morning as my initial goal. :)
    I put the kettle on when I get up in the morning, on my way to the bathroom. When I've finished washing, that essential cup of coffee gets made and only when I've had this, do I feel ready to confront the day.
    edited April 2016
    I drank a lot of water when I woke up to compensate for the hot weather!
    I'm going to be grumpy tomorrow morning as I couldn't find any decent coffee. I don't like 3 in 1 as I hate sweet coffee. Why can't they make 2 in 1?
    Hahaha. Perhaps they wanna use 3 in 1 in a sense marketing strategy? :lol: @mheredge
  • ali9976ali9976 Posts: 4
    when i wake up i offer prayer then i go to morning walk. after that i read newspaper eat breakfast and go to work
    @ali9976 wrote: »
    when i wake up i offer prayer then i go to morning walk. after that i read newspaper eat breakfast and go to work

Agreed! Prayer is the most important part of our daily routine. :)
  • AchaAcha Posts: 49 ✭✭
    lets see

>checked my phone
    >1:30 a.m
    >actually slept for 8 hours already
    >spend the next 6 hours waiting for sunrise speaking to myself

yeah, one of the perks of not having a regular sleep pattern
    @Acha wrote: »
    lets see

>checked my phone
    >1:30 a.m
    >actually slept for 8 hours already
    >spend the next 6 hours waiting for sunrise speaking to myself

yeah, one of the perks of not having a regular sleep pattern

Welcome back my friend! How are you? :)
  • AchaAcha Posts: 49 ✭✭
    @kindgnice

i'm doing good. just found meself some free time so i decided to swing by the forum .
    @Acha said:

@kindgnice

i'm doing good. just found meself some free time so i decided to swing by the forum .

I wish to see you here more often my friend. ;)
  • ankitjainankitjain Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I always prefer to start a day by reading newspaper. Sometimes I also go for a walk.
    I broke my normal routine this morning, which is to put the kettle on for some coffee. Instead after having a shower I got stuck in to cleaning as my apartment is very dirty after being empty these last few months.
    @ankitjain wrote: »
    I always prefer to start a day by reading newspaper. Sometimes I also go for a walk.

That's a great way of starting your day. Walking is also a good way of exercising. ;)
    @mheredge wrote: »
    I broke my normal routine this morning, which is to put the kettle on for some coffee. Instead after having a shower I got stuck in to cleaning as my apartment is very dirty after being empty these last few months.

Don't you want to hire a maid instead? :)
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying a healthy breakfast.