Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Getting around

mheredgemheredge WordsmithHere and therePosts: 24,849 mod
edited March 2016 in Countries and Travel
'I have seen the face of the devil. I prised open his slippery mandible, and peered into his gaping maw as the acrid talons of his breath tore away at my flesh and hair until I was left quivering against the wind, having glimpsed cruelty in its rawest form.'

In fact, this is how a writer described getting a Great Western train from Paddington to Cornwall on a bank holiday once.

Travelling by train or bus in many poor countries is often seen to be uncomfortable and crowded, but in fact, as I have often told people, it is no different in the UK or other so-called developed countries. In many cases it is a lot more comfortable too.

'Journeys from hell' are all too frequent, whether commuting or travelling on holiday. My friend very recently was stuck because of the air traffic controllers' strike in France - another is supposed to be happening today. Other friends suffer every day as they commute to work. Aptly nicknamed, the 'Misery Line' is a commuter rail service from London into Essex.

Tell us about you journeys from hell. How do you manage getting about? What is the public transport service like in your neighbourhood? Or perhaps it is clean, comfortable, not crowded and you have no complaints?

This discussion has been closed.