Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

The Mysterious Pyramids of Egypt

homanmihhomanmih Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
The Egypt’s main attractions are pyramids. There are more than 130 piramids. But the most famous are Piramids of Giza.
Due to their perfect geometry and sheer structural size many have argued that humans could not have built the pyramids.
Some have claimed angels, the devil, or even visitors from another planet variously constructed them.
What do you think, who and how had built that?
What made people wonder about the pyramids?

Comments

• homanmihhomanmih Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    @amatsuscribbler wrote: "Archaeologists excavating a pyramid in Egypt have found a mummy covered in chocolate and hazelnuts."
    Do you think that Egyptians discovered America before Columbus?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think @gomaa can give us some insights on it. :)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly @homanmih thank you for make this discussion about Egypt and I know you visit Egypt before you told me that.
    Tourists usually came to Egypt in the winter they came by plane to visit the pyramids and sphinx and visit a lot of temple in luxor and Aswan.
    The ancient Egypt so genius because the sun enter to the tomb once every year and pyramids like tombs to (pharon) mean kingdom to Egypt and the pyramids build by stone so heavy and almost scientists felt surprised how can the people in ancient Egypt rise stone for 148m ? But the scientists find secret the scientists in ancient Egypt delete gravity to the earth by directing a private acoustic vibration and electrostatic to spraying shipments to facilitate the lifting process finally I want to say pyramids like tombs to Kingdoms in ancient Egypt.

Sphinx
    High 18m
    Tall 57m
    Old 5000year
    Mean the God to ancient Egypt and sphinx God of the sun in ancient Egypt mean power and wisdom

Egypt full of pretty places I need more time to tall everyone here
  • homanmihhomanmih Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    No doubt the ancient Egyptians were geniuses.
    For me the most important question is how could it birth intelligence of so high level in that conditions ?
    They discovered astronomy, geometry and architecture.
    Which university did they graduate?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @homanmih I think that there is more wisdom involved in the old constructions like stonehenge, Mughal constructions etc. No idea but they thoroughly worked on every type of buildings.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,504 mod
    The stones at Stonehenge are similarly mysterious, proving our ancestors had insights into things we would never expect. Similarly there is no real evidence explaining the construction techniques used by the Stonehenge builders. There have been suggestion of supernatural or anachronistic methods, usually arguing the stones were impossible to move otherwise due to their massive size.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge