Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Puzzle is it interesting for you or boring?

OksNikOksNik Posts: 92 ✭✭
Hello!
I am curious to know what do you think about it.
For me it is very interesting to make a big picture that includes 1000, 2000 or more small pieces. For some it is a pleasant activity, for others - not. It depends on the type of people. What about you?

Comments

• meverikmeverik Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I prefer more active activities like cycling, rollerblading, etc. Puzzle can be interesting for me if I can't go outside because of bad weather for example.
  • OksNikOksNik Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Hi @meverik.
    Thank you very much for tilbakemelding. You are the first who wrote comment in my first discussion. :)
    I like active sports too: slalom skiing, figure skating and jogging. But puzzle is the one of the things that gives me relaxing stay.
  • meverikmeverik Posts: 11 ✭✭
    @OksNik I agree with you that puzzle help us relax. What the biggest puzzle that you put together?
  • susheelasusheela Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I like puzzle gaming if it is easy . if its level then it is boring because i cannot understand it
    My experience: maximal size 1000 x 700 mm with 2000 puzzles. And you, @meverik ?
    Hi @susheela.
    If you like puzzles, but feel that it is boring because of the large amount of puzzle-part, it is advisable to increase the level gradually. Starting from 100 number of puzzles and increase afterwards. Here is important (as in all activities) that you like to do this and get pozitive mood :)
  • susheelasusheela Posts: 56 ✭✭
    @OksNik ,Thanks for suggestion
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,327 mod
    edited April 2016
    I have visited the Puzzle Mansion here in Tagaytay which was awarded by Guinness as the The World's Largest Collection of Jigsaw Puzzles in Any Size, Shape or Form. :)

Ie4Z2RR.png
    Thank you for the information, @kindgnice :)
    I did not know about this place. There should be very interesting. I'd like to visit that place.
    Tourists can play puzzle too or it's just to see, like in museum ?
    Yes @OksNik. If you want you can bring with you your family there. If that time comes, feel free to approach me anytime so I can tour you there around. ;)
    So nice @kindgnice . Thank you very mach :)
    My pleasure my friend. :) @OksNik
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭
    Its really very interesting because it helps us to develop our mind:)
  • WesamFawzyWesamFawzy Posts: 17 ✭✭
    i like puzzle it is really very interesting.
    Its really very interesting because it helps us to develop our mind:)

Yes Abhi. It also enhances our senses effectively and efficiently. ;)
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,031 mod
    As a kid, I used to love doing jigsaw puzzles @OksNik. As Christmas presents, they were guaranteed to keep me very happy during the long, cold evenings. But it's ages since the last time I did any.
    i like puzzle it is really very interesting.

Me too! Here's a sample snapshot of puzzle I took from Puzzle Mansion. :)

JzgjDaAh.jpg
    @Wesam.Fawzy: I shared the photo above. ;)
    @Wesam.Fawzy I shared the sample photo above. ;)
    Sample snapshot I took from Puzzle Mansion:

OACEnxjh.jpg

Dinosaur Puzzle. ;)
    Vl2AsgWh.jpg

Do you have sample puzzle snapshots there?

@Sange @abhishekb9099 @shasha96
  • SangeSange Posts: 548 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have @kindgnice
  • shah51272shah51272 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    @OksNik I used to play puzzle game when I was a kid but I got frustrated when I would not sort out the puzzle. Puzzle game teach you how tenacious effort can be helpful.
    @shah51272 wrote: »
    @OksNik I used to play puzzle game when I was a kid but I got frustrated when I would not sort out the puzzle. Puzzle game teach you how tenacious effort can be helpful.

Yes buddy. Can you share us what type of puzzles you like the most? :)
    A puzzle of cats from Puzzle Mansion:

VNAAcH5h.jpg
  • shah51272shah51272 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    @kindgnice I don't have that puzzle which I used to complete almost ten years ago. It was scenery of a Forrest and the most difficult puzzle I have ever seen.
    @shah51272 wrote: »
    @kindgnice I don't have that puzzle which I used to complete almost ten years ago. It was scenery of a Forrest and the most difficult puzzle I have ever seen.

Cool! I also found a puzzle piece from Puzzle Mansion about Coconut trees. :)

vLMq7fyh.jpg
    Thank you for your input in the discussion, @shah51272, @kindgnice, @mheredge, @Wesam.Fawzy, @abhishekb9099 .
    It's very nice to hear your opinion and look at your wonderful puzzle-pictures :)
    I can not show my completed puzzle-pictures.
    I do not store images of puzzle. I like the process of puzzle-folding. When I have finished a picture, I am very excited that I managed to do it. Afterwards I disassembles the picture and put it in the box back.
    About six months later I can start to make this picture again. Or new puzzle if I buy something interesting by that time :)
    @OksNik wrote: »
    I can not show my completed puzzle-pictures.
    I do not store images of puzzle. I like the process of puzzle-folding. When I have finished a picture, I am very excited that I managed to do it. Afterwards I disassembles the picture and put it in the box back.
    About six months later I can start to make this picture again. Or new puzzle if I buy something interesting by that time :)

You're very welcome my friend. ;)
    If you want, you can share your photos to us via Skype session, sounds good? See you there soon my friend. God bless you. :innocent: