Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

old video games vs newest .. we miss suspense !!

hi friends , really it's interesting topic , many gamers still asking that " why old games has something that the newest hasn't ? " , yes there is a major development in video games field , in every side , 3d designing almost like real , sound and voice quality much better , gaming équipement like controllers and professional graphic cards ....etc , but it's a fact that we miss something , we miss suspense , we miss enjoyment , who remember "super mario" days even if it's 2d game , i was couldn't wait for the next level , and many old games that it's burned on our minds.

i think the problem is in one of this two >>
1- like what we all know , the childhood things stay the best for us , so i think we just love old games because we played it in the childhood !
2- games developers focus on the designing side and the visual part of games and forget about the suspense and mystery side !

that's what i thing my friends , happy to hear from you all :) .
Tagged:

Comments

• LaszloMarkLaszloMark Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Or i think both :) In the one hand, the memories beautifies by time. I remember some old game, like super mario, serious sam, gta sa, cs, nfs series and many other games that i used to play. Uh... i played countless hours with need for speed most wanted, and the '98 Hot Pursuit. And i loved Test Drive Unlimited. Man, those was the good times ;) I remember it was hard to get over some difficult part of the game, and i was like "Oh, come on! I can do this", and after several hours and countless attempts, i did it :)

But in the other hand, i think the game developers are concentrating rather to the gameplay and the story not the graphic back then. Games nowadays more like mass produce, than some interesting idea. But you can buy some cool games today too. For example i loved Crysis 3 too, and i cant wait No Man's Sky.
  • kennouchi_youcefkennouchi_youcef Posts: 65 ✭✭
    the same here @LaszloMark it was great times :) , and yes honestly there is great and enjoyable games nowadays like GTA5 i love it , now i play watch dogs.
  • LaszloMarkLaszloMark Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Yes, GTA 5 is a very good game. I played all along. Which ending do you chose? Or do you finished it yet?
    I would like to play watch dogs too, but i think my computer is not powerful enough to run it. And the new Need for speed game too.

What kind of game do you prefer? Action, arcade or simulator?
    i choose to kill trever lol ;) , and i love adventure games with some action moments like "prince of persia , tomb raider , assasins creed ....".
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,646 mod
    who still remember this stuff?

hhhhh , lot of memories bro hhh
  • mamunruetmamunruet Posts: 1
    Still I am playing DX-ball when I get my leisure. Still it gives me fun :smile: .
  • nuurussubchiynuurussubchiy Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Am I too late?

Something is missing about video game (then and now) is humanity itself.
    At the early age video game only help player's imagination no matter how crap graphics are. Story is important too but it's not the main in video game. The music composers (music developer) for video game are genius.

Take an example like Mario Bros, how many of you understand the plot? No one, the mission is simple; dash, smash and bash. yep that's all.
    Now the music, how many of you know Mario Bros' theme music? yes we are all, when you play it do you feel sick of the music? No, that because music composer composed music very carefully so player don't get sick with the REPETITION music.
    Don't forget with target audience, many early video games have Everyone rate, so a child can play with their parents

Now compare that things with today's video game. :#
  • RaraAvisRaraAvis Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited August 23
    Yes, I agree. I’ve also played Super Mario and other games on my Dendy console. And the best games I enjoyed playing the most were – Battletoads Double Dragon and Battletoads. I loved playing those games a lot. They are very funny and the music is amazing. Actually I played them several months ago with my relatives and enjoyed it a lot. When I bought a PC I played racing games like Need for Speed, sometimes shooters and other stuff.
    As for the modern games I agree that everything has changed for the better – graphics, special effects, sounds but what is really sad that the idea remained the same. Most stories are about some zombies or aliens who are trying to kill the humans and they are trying to escape it and some other things. In most cases we have some darkness which is on our planet and good guys are going to save the day. It’s kind of lame. The only one game I like is FFXV. The movies are brilliant. And the game was made very professionally. Though I didn't have the opportunity to play it cause I don't have PS.