Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

best food while learning a new language

linc68linc68 Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
I am quite convinced some food can make it easier learn a new language. Manny pupils complain of pains in their jaw and mouth muscles at the beginning of each school year for instance. So I recommand they replace buns by nuts which are very crunchy and so reinforce jaw muscles.
What food would you recommand for learning a new language?

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,818 mod
    edited March 2016
    Many pupils complain of pains in their jaw and mouth muscles at the beginning of each school year for instance...
    Stop punching them! :wink:

Maybe I should munch on a wurst whilst learning German. What do you think @linc68?
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,538 mod
    Nibbling frogs' legs might help when learning French. What do you think @Zom?
  • ZomZom Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge - It's far too harsh to get people into French and the French mindset Marianne. Language learners are often shy, don't start frightening them.

It would be the same as intoducing me to Marmite to get into English. Lynne did though, and I still think that I was not ready for it.
  • linc68linc68 Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    Wurst munching could help setting your mind on German culture @Lynn, as might beer. After an Oktoberfest one can naturally understand all languages ;)
  • Penelope204Penelope204 Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Many people say that fish could be a great food to keep your memories in a good activity. Do you know? Sorry for my bad english i need to improve it. Help me!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,866 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Penelope204 fish is a good source of protein and essential oils. No idea whether it is helpful for your memory or not.
    @Bubbly Recent studies say that omega-3 that is fatty acids are beneficials for our body. These acids are included in fatty fish like salmon,herring,sardines and tuna. This is primarily for heart help; but our brain will also reap the benefits.
    @Penelope204 Thank you for sharing it. I knew that fish is good for heart but I never see it from the brain's point of view.
    Well. So if you like fish i suggest you to eat. I ddidn't eat it when i was young because of one time i choked myself with a fishbone. And for many times i didn't eat fish for scaring. Now i'm trying to eat again. I've discovered is Wonderful!
    @Penelope204 it's summer now and there is scarcity of fish in the market these days. But, I eat it in the winter regularly.
    Well in Puglia an Italy's region you can eat a lot of fish every year! It's fresh fish (if it say fresh fish) . Have you ever been in Italy? @Bubbly
  • linc68linc68 Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    I have heard of omega-3, 6 and 9 @Penelope204 , it has even become a new marketing tool. If I am correct we can also get them from veggies and fruit such as advocado, isn't it?
  • alr92alr92 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    hi all
    i'm from Egypt
    we have our special food
  • MahkameMahkame Posts: 56 ✭✭
    First of all you have to have faith in your work . I usually eat pistachie ,walnuts , hazelnuts, almonds, raisions ,dry apricots ,and butter and honey spread on a bread in the morning . What I understand during my study is that when we are thinking over something , Glucose which is an important sugar and funcation as a fuel for our brain to keep it alert , will consume after it has been used , so we have to somehow substitue it with varities of sugar, otherwise our sugar blood will drops.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,538 mod
    I'm a hopeless nibbler and have tried to switch to olives and things that are not so fattening. When I'm working, it's so easy to munch my way through the whole packet of nuts or dried fruits, and they can be incredibly fattening. I'm hooked on the little uchuva fruits here, but try to keep the box in the kitchen to avoid scoffing them all in one go.
This discussion has been closed.