Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

one secret for a strong password !!!

hello brothers and sisters , in this post i will give you some tips to set a strong and safe password for any account you have (wifi , fb , forum , money box :wink: lol) ...actually there is one secret no hacker want you to know it , THE STRONG PSSWORD HAS ( numbers + symbols + uppercase letters + lowercase letters ) with this the hacker has no chance to break your account , except if he use another way require your stupidness like enter an unknown page and set your password there !!! :o ( fake pages ) , so this is it my friends , you just need to remember this tip , look at these examples , all is very strong passwords :
984.-@_NoPmMm@@-

110.---\\\HAprfD-..

i hope you see it helpful , next tech post :) take care .
Tagged:

Comments

• peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, but the challenges rise on how to remember those passwords
    We can't stop learning Peace to you
    I like those strategies are very special toward security
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,992 mod
    That's my problem too @peaceculture2. And writing them down defeats the object then, of having a strong password.
  • kennouchi_youcefkennouchi_youcef Posts: 65 ✭✭
    @peaceculture2 @mheredge , yes it's hard to remember sometimes , but we can use some strategies to mae it easy , i give you one example : set your own password " 5487//85--65Mm " make it your default password and every time you sign up just use it as password and add a word to it , this word is about the website that you in >> "5487//85--65Mmfb" , "5487//85--65Mmskype" , "5487//85--65Mmgmail" , so you just need to remember one password .... it's just an example use your mind and find your strategy :smile:
    I'm smiling right know, thanks @kennouchi_youcef
    @peaceculture2 you welcome friend :)
    But how am I ever going to remember 5487//85--65Mmfb @kennouchi_youcef? I have a memory like a sieve! I struggle sometimes to remember my bank pin number and that's only four digits.
    no way lol , it's easy @mheredge you have to do it one time , but ok ;) i give you a method to remember it , write the main password as i told you before and take a picture + upload the picture in the internet on any sky storage services ( one drive , google drive , cloud .... ) + tear the paper ;) , try to remember it , once you forget it just back to the picture , in case the picture has stolen , don't be afrid he can't do any thing because you don't use it directly like what i said previously , you will add "fb,skype....whatever" , so he can't guess ,.... use your mind @mheredge :)
  • LaszloMarkLaszloMark Posts: 89 ✭✭
    @mheredge I have hundred passwords to countless website, and i cant remember all of them too! So i make an excel table. I write all of my password to that excel table, and i protect it with 1 strong password.
    SO i need to remember only 1 password, and all of my passwords are in safe too. And i have some copy of that table, so if anything happening with the original file, it's not a problem.
    @LaszloMark yes this is another good idea , but really you are in a big danger @LaszloMark , you provide a product for the hacker its name is "all in one" lol ;) , do you trust the password of exel file , if this file fall in bad and smart hand , he will break all your accounts , really i suggest to keep this file out of your computer , use onedrive or google drive , because they have highly protection instead you and me .
    It's not a bad idea @LaszloMark but knowing me I'd probably forget the main password and then all is lost. I'm lazy, so there's the hassle of looking up the passwords. This might be a problem, especially as I have at least three gadgets from which I might need the passwords.
    @kennouchi_youcef Well yes, maybe you right. But how can a hacker crack a protected excel file? With brute-force attack? Or take advantage of vulnerabilities? And what about the password manager software? They are store the password in the computer too!
    And can you encrypt the file within the google drive?

@mheredge yes, i'am afraid of i forget some of my most important passwords. I wrote it down to a paper and kept in my drawer. I know it's a bad idea, but i feel myself in secure.
    It is maybe safer to keep passwords on paper, but to write in some sort of code @LaszloMark. The chances someone breaks in and steals them will be (hopefully) pretty remote. But then the chances the thief can also break your secret code should be even slimmer.
    @LaszloMark you play with the hackers brother lol :) , they can break the whole operating system protection , how about our exel file !!!!!! lol , and there is several ways to break an exel file protection just tip that " how to open a protected exel file " , and the password manager software , it is special to do its job , high password encryption , and very hard to break , really it's good idea for saving our passwords , yes actually when you save any file on google drive or onedrive service , they do every thing to keep your file in safe , because of that i said before you just upload your file and don't think you are in safe with them .
    Yesterday I might have had an attempt to hack my Facebook @kennouchi_youcef. It was very odd, but a friend emailed me asking me to stop sending things to him from Facebook (which I don't). I'm sure the email was from him, so I'm not sure what was happening at his end. Any way I told him that maybe he had his settings so that as he was 'following' me it showed up every time I added anything to FB. I explained how to switch this off.

Stupidly however, I clicked on the screen picture that he'd sent, which appeared to send me to Facebook, but just to his login screen. When I went back to my email, I found an email from Facebook informing me that I had just logged on from another browser and was this me? NO.

It seems that this must be a common problem because Facebook had this issue highlighted in their FAQ so I just had to follow their recovery instructions and change my password. Fortunately I caught it quickly, so no one had time to put any false posts. But I'm checking it carefully and I wrote back to my friend to tell him that it was a hacker. (It was peculiar because the Facebook page he sent was in French and he's in the UK).
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,641 mod
    What i can suggest is a regular change of password, perhaps once a month would be great. ;) @kennouchi_youcef
    @kennouchi_youcef Yes, is see now, you are right. I think i need to change the way i store my passwords. And as soon as possible! Thank you for your advice!
    @kindgnice yes , good point and strong method.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,641 mod
    @kindgnice yes , good point and strong method.

Welcome back to LEO network buddy! :)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my password so easy to attack just letters and numbers everything related to me
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,058 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Khalied ..........and what is that? ;)
    @Bubbly I'm using easy password because easy difficult to discover my password numbers and a word by language English
    @Khalied I use strong passwords as I faced few bad experiences in the past due to easy passwords.
    @Bubbly I save my password in my browser to avoid forgot
    @Khalied I didn't save it anywhere as I don't forget it. :)
    @Bubbly That's good
    did you happen to you forget password before?
    I hate changing my password. I usually have to try about three possibilities every time I try to get into Skype because I can never remember what I've changed it to.
    @Khalied yes sometimes. But, I retrieve it through my backup email. :)