Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Demolition continues (Polish breaking news)

XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am wondering how all this will end.

Here you have the info: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/polands-top-court-rule-constitutional-crisis-37511970

" The European Union is deeply concerned and has opened an investigation. The United States is also concerned. Last month three U.S. Senators, among them John McCain, wrote to Szydlo saying they fear changes to the court and the public media "could serve to diminish democratic norms, including the rule of law and independence of the judiciary."

She and other leaders replied to the senators that they were misinformed about the country and do not have the right to lecture Warsaw about its internal affairs."

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,513 mod
    India has a nasty habit of trying to interfere with Nepal's internal affairs too @Xanthippe. It's a nasty habit big bullies often tend to have unfortunately.
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge, nobody forced us to join the EU. :) Well, perhaps I will print this verdict and hang it on a tree in my neighbourhood. ;)

Some guys used a projector:

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,524 mod
    Law and Justice party? It sounds like something out of Marvel comics.
    New York Times:

"One tragedy in Poland’s gathering constitutional crisis is that it reveals the degree to which the right-wing leaders there don’t get the basics of democracy. In openly defying a ruling of the Constitutional Tribunal, the Polish high court, the ruling Law and Justice Party effectively set itself above the law in its march to authoritarian rule, ignoring all appeals, warnings and formal opinions from the United States, the European Union, international human rights organizations and its own opposition."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/18/opinion/polands-constitutional-crisis.html?mabReward=A1&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine&_r=0

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xanthippe hahaha, after looking into this matter. I can only pray for you! It is tug-of-war between EU and USA.

Consider this vehicle as the ruling law and just-it/justice party. ;)

@Bubbly, why between the EU and the USA?

The picture however is accurate. :) May your prayers be heard!
    @Xanthippe all political wars start with some hidden agendas. Don't you see the recent turmoil in Europe and some underlying forces that are just adding fuel to fire to let these crisis worst. EU could be a trump card for USA to get some direct or indirect political/economic advantages in the future.
    @Bubbly, perhaps you are right but I haven't got it. :(
    edited April 2016
    @Xanthippe I thought that I am the only one. ;)
This discussion has been closed.