Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Loose-leaf notebook

RemaRema Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
In this notebook you can write anything you want :)

Comments

• RemaRema Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne
    Does something like this already exist on forum?
    @Bubbly
    I can't find your discussion about grammar session?
    Can you send me a link?
    Thanks in advance :)
    Hi @april :)
    Are you ready for your trip?
    Currently it seems to me that forum is without visitors :/
    Only me :D
    'Rema- Guardian of the Forum' B)
    I've just finished watching this story:

I don't know what I can say about this story?
    So weird :/
    Yes, I can only add two limits in my description about this subject:
    1.) Don't be rude and 2.) Don't have bad intentions ;)
    @torellip
    I was joined little late on today's JOIN US session, I was there maybe 10 minutes :(
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rema Wait and watch. B)
    @Bubbly I'm quite impatient :D
    @adams801 How are you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    fine, how are you?
    @adams801
    I'm doing well :)
    What is your first impression about forum?
    @Lynne @Bubbly @Zom
    I don't know what is the right name for the notebook where we can write everything we want(with lot of different topics...)?
    For example, when I was in elementary school I had one notebook and in that notebook I had written math, poem, physic, chemistry, jokes...
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We usually call it a 'diary' where one can write daily life activities including feelings and thoughts etc.

We also use it a word 'planner' where one can write down daily work plans along with a time schedule.
    @bubble I've already heard for diary and planner but those words sound to me little formal.
    I try to find more informal(slang) word, in my language that word sound so informal...
    @LaszloMark Have you ever attended on some Skype session?
  • LaszloMarkLaszloMark Posts: 89 ✭✭
    @Rema Hello. Are you thinking about me? Because i never attended on skype session. For real, i don't even have skype.
    @LaszloMark Yes, I mean on you. I saw(you have two stars) that you have already deserved opportunity to send @Lynne private message and to join to some sessions to improve your speaking skills ;)
  • LaszloMarkLaszloMark Posts: 89 ✭✭
    @Rema Wow thanks. Hey, i have 2 stars!? I see it now! :D Wow, cool :D Sorry, i am usually not that frolicsome.
    I would like too, but usually i don't have much time. Anyway i will give it a try, maybe at weekend! And i need a microphone, am i right? And a webcam too? Sorry, i never used skype before.
    But thanks again. I like this forum more and more each day. There's everyone nice.
    @LaszloMark You're welcome :) For this session you need to have microphone, not webcam because that's not video-call(that's good because we don't need to take care about outfit :D ) ;)
    Here is the calendar with sessions:
    http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html
    Feel free to ask everything, I'll try to help(if I can :D ) and we are here to help each other ;)
  • ZomZom Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Rema said:

@Lynne @Bubbly @Zom

I don't know what is the right name for the notebook where we can write everything we want(with lot of different topics...)?

For example, when I was in elementary school I had one notebook and in that notebook I had written math, poem, physic, chemistry, jokes...

I'd say, a notebook! If you don't like notebook, maybe activity book?
    Thanks @Zom :)
    How do you call this notebook in France? If you can try to literally translate this word into English, that's can be solution.
    Maybe I'm so awful in giving those explanations?:(
    edited March 2016
    @NatashaT What's the name for notebook where we can write everything we want?
    Some kind of slang name for notebook :/
    Diary is so formal, this word is so informal(in my language).
    @Lynne @NatashaT @Bubbly
    Maybe this can be great material for one of the sessions:
    http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20150318-leading-without-limbs
    @Rema
    In France we would use a binder with page dividers or a notebook. ("un classeur avec des intercalaires" or "un cahier").

Something like this, www.allprosoftware.com/binderaccessorykit/6-ring-binder-open-w-tabs.jpg
    @Zom
    Is binder with page synonym for loose-leaf notebook?
    @Rema - It looks like it to me. In a ring binder you add loose sheets of paper that you slide in the rings. Then if you want to create different sections, one for each activity, you add binder dividers. Binder dividers are special pages usually coloured to create the separation between sets of sheets of paper. Usually the dividers are a bit bigger and have an extension for you to write the name of the activity.
    Thanks @Zom for this great explanations :)
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 667 mod
    @Rema I agree with @Zom :) A ring binder is the hard outside cover where you can keep loose sheets of paper. Sometimes the sheets are actually attached together in a book, but they have perforations so that you can tear them them.

But we also use the word notebook or notepad generally to mean any kind of empty book you can write in, so I think for your purposes, notebook is a good word to use. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    @Rema Did you mean this forum. I love it! I only just joined it a couple days ago, and I am already hooked. May I know how long did it take for you to get two stars? I really want to join the skype session.
This discussion has been closed.