Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What were your hobbies as a child?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 4,307 mod
When I was a child, I enjoyed playing netball and cricket, and I liked to spend lots of time with my friends playing outside.

What were your hobbies as a child? Do you still enjoy the same things, or has it changed as you have grown up?

I am looking forward to hearing about your hobbies and discussing them with you!

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,885 mod
    Stamp collecting was a favourite hobby when I was a kid, but which I don't do any more @GemmaRowlands.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamp collecting was also my favourite hobby and I still kept them with me. :) Then, I used to collect coins but I stopped it once I found them very expensive.

I was also fond of making decoration pieces, cards, and wall hangings with colourful papers and ribbons. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,307 mod
    I think stamp collecting as a wonderful hobby, and a lot of them will be worth money in the future, so you certainly do well to keep hold of those @Bubbly :)!
    @GemmaRowlands I am thinking that I should donate those stamps to any museum so that they can preserve them well. What say you! :)
    I do have a few stamps worth a few hundred pounds which I suppose I could try to flog. But I have been very apathetic and can't be bothered with the hassle.
    edited February 2016
    @mheredge Have you ever tried to count your stamps? I didn't do it as I have 15 albums with me whereas I lost 5 to 6 albums during shifting.
    @Bubbly yes I think that would be a wonderful idea, as that means that other people would be able to look at your stamps and learn a lot about them.
    @GemmaRowlands I am a bit indecisive about it as there are some other options to preserve these stamps but I will go with the best one.
  • sarahboidy44sarahboidy44 Posts: 132 ✭✭
    when i was a child ," and still " my hobbies are drawing and reading !!
    my favorite sport was football , but now i really hate it :D
    Well you should think about each option @Bubbly but I think it would be wonderful to donate them to a museum because then lots of other people would be able to get pleasure from them, too!
  • julianobastosjulianobastos Posts: 15 ✭✭
    as a child I used to play a lot outside with a bunch of friends. Also have learned how to play piano.
    @GemmaRowlands I will definitely go for it as my intention is very clear on it. :)
    @julianobastos this was one of my dreams to play piano as it is my favourite musical instrument. :)
    @Bubbly if you say that your dream was to play the piano then you should go for it, it is never, ever too late to chase your dreams!
    @GemmaRowlands I will dear. I don't give up easily in life. :)
    That's good @Bubbly that's a fantastic attitude to have, and one that I'm sure will get you anywhere you want to be in your life!
  • eysaneysan Posts: 80 ✭✭
    as a child I wascollect wedding invitation and napkins colorful ,collect stamps ,I was collect flowers and then I make dry flowers by putting into my notebook ....
    Wow that's a lot of albums @Bubbly. Fortunately I think I only have three or four. One is just for first day covers.
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was young, I planned to be a soldier, my hobies was playing football, comedian,music writer and singer
    Do you still have your collections @eysan ? I expect it would be wonderful to be able to look back now and see what captured your attention as a child.
  • eysaneysan Posts: 80 ✭✭
    no I dont have any collection still.my mom throw it away in the trush before years .unfortunately....
    That's a shame @eysan but what did you collect before your mom threw it out?
  • insane13insane13 Posts: 4
    jajajaja, these coments are interesting! well, when i was child i and my friends played Hide and seek and after we were going to ring the bell each house and then we were running... it was like our extreme sport
  • thegingerelvisthegingerelvis Posts: 47 ✭✭
    For me, playing football on the streets. I used to play with some friend every afternoon. Actually, we spent our teenage years playing football and at the end none of us made success as footballers. But we also love the game and now we meet each other to watch some games at the local pub.
    I used to enjoy playing with a football too @thegingerelvis although this is not something that I still enjoy in my adult years.
  • susheelasusheela Posts: 56 ✭✭
    As a child I used to play outside house with lot of friends. Then in high school I am school captain of kho kho. , through ball . used to play lot of outdoor games
    It must have been a great achievement to be made captain @susheela is this something that you still enjoy?
  • susheelasusheela Posts: 56 ✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands Thats upto school level only Nowadays I am enjoying walking only
    Well walking is still a great thing to do @susheela and it is very good for your health!
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,508 mod
    When I was in my elementary days, I like playing board games such as scrabble, chess and word factory. :)